Tuesday, July 27, 2010

Hello Satan, glad you could stop by for a visit

My MIL has been here all of 2 hours and I'm already over this visit. She says completely inappropriate things all the time. Like right after we got married she told me that we should wait a few years to have kids to make sure this marriage is going to last. Really lady?! How about you go @$%# yourself?

Today she's lurking around the kitchen (this is the first time she's seen our new house) and she finally says: "There's no room for Steven's hutch." so I politely respond that it can stay in the garage for now until we PCS in a few years and get a bigger place (even though Steven already told me I could sell it on craigs list) to which she responds with: "You could put the dog crates in the garage and then you'd have room for it." to which I politely tell her that our garage is insulated but the central air isnt pumped out there, so according to the garage door opener, it's 104 in there right now. (Although I wanted to scream: My dogs will not be staying in the garage in their crates suffocating to death you psycho) She fumes about this for a while and then says: "Well we'll just have to wait until Steven gets home and see what he says."

REALLY?! REALLY?! I'm pretty sure that it's OUR house. Not HIS or YOURS for that matter... I don't care if he's your son, I have just as much say in it as he does, and the dog crates will not be going in the garage... and if you want to get technical THE HOUSE IS IN MYYYYYYYY NAME, NOT HIS, so don't even start with me lady.

And the best part, Steven isnt even here, so I get to deal with her all by myself. If he was here, he probably would have told her to leave by now. They don't have a very good relationship (his grandparents pretty much raised him) and now I'm beginning to see why he doesnt get along with her...

If you don't hear from me over the next few days, I'm in prison. Someone bail me out.

7 comments:

  1. Ugh. I hate families sometimes. My ex's family was quite crazy and I'm pretty sure we've gotten into fights quite similar to this one! I hope everything works out OK.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I know how you feel when I first moved in with my hubby his mom was there for a week & she kept telling me where my dogs could & couldn't go like on the couch for instance, she said"You have to realize this isn't just your house, you need to watch where you let those dogs go." Oh I was soooo pissed! Oh and your dog Dixie is gorgeous! I love Pitbulls they are by far my favorite breed.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Ah that's awful! I cant believe she wanted you to put your dogs out in the garage to make room for a hutch!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Ohhh my Lord! She sounds like a wretched woman!! Lol! I am sooooo glad my Mil is not like that at all. I'm sorry your in prison for the next week, and as for the hutch/crate situation I would have said, "Well its our house and its really none of your business where we put our furniture!" Some people are just plain rude and she is CLEARLY overstepping her boundaries. You need to check her before she gets any worse, lol! Good luck girly!! :)

    ReplyDelete
  5. OMG!!! That is so awful I will bail you outof jail haha that is to funny. I know what you mean about MIL sometimes. I don't think they understand that there sons want to please you not there mom lol..

    ReplyDelete
  6. Oh my goodness! I hope the next few days get better than today!

    ReplyDelete
  7. No worries, I won't let you end up in jail!

    ReplyDelete