Tuesday, July 27, 2010

OPSEC

I've seen a lot of ladies posting about OPSEC lately. There has been a lot of backlash at S/O's who choose not to follow it. At some point in your life you have to stop being a spoiled brat and realize this isnt about you. This isnt even about your soldier/airman/sailor/marine/seal/etc. It is something much larger than that. It's not just your one military member coming home on that plane. You have to ask yourself: Could I live with myself if a hundred men & women died because I chose not to listen to OPSEC?

I know my answer. That's a HECK NO! Which is why no matter how much I want to scream from the roof tops "HE'S COMING HOME IN ______ DAYS," I refrain from doing so. As excited as I am that he is coming home shortly, I know that I am being trusted with information that could be deadly in the hands of the wrong people. One piece of information might not be useful to them, but combined with other information they have collected from other people, that could be the last piece of the puzzle they need before they attack. You need to watch EVERY little thing you say, because that one thing could be exactly what they've been waiting to learn.

3 comments:

  1. I couldn't agree with you more. I was completely appalled by the post yesterday!

    ReplyDelete
  2. So true! What she posted was completely out of line.

    ReplyDelete