Monday, August 2, 2010

Update: Weekend from h*ll

If you've been keeping up with my blog, you'll know that by hubs finally came home from the big sandbox across the sea on Friday evening... which I am thankful for... but aside from him being home, it was the worst weekend I've had in a very long time.

Annoyance #1: As you can see from my previous posts, Steven's mother was here. This woman is the most annoying person I have ever met in my entire life, and if she told me how to run my house one more time, I was probably going to kill her... seriously. Once he got home it got to be 100 times worse. She followed him around everywhere, trying to pit us against each other. Granted, it's her son, and I know that mothers miss their sons and all... but they DO NOT have a good relationship. He tolerates her a little more than I do, but by no means does he enjoy her company. But she doesnt see this, (or chooses to ignore it) because she wants to be up his butt. There was a reason he lived with his grandparents for a good portion of his life. Thankfully, I love them to pieces... They don't even really care for her, and she's their daughter. They chose Steven over her every time.

I yelled at her on Saturday because my dog was loose in the yard, and I asked her not to go out there because it would only make it worse. She huffed & puffed like a little kid into the spare bedroom & sat there trying to make everyone feel sorry for her. Sorry, but no one did. Now that we have the title of the boat, she's never to be invited back again.

Annoyance #2: they're repaving my road, and I now have a nice big crack in my windshield thanks to a run-away rock. And of course the guy couldnt get out here soon enough to repair it before it spread, so I now have to replace it. Awesome! This makes it all the more tempting for me to trade my car in like I've been saying I want to do.

Annoyance #3: Dixie, our pitbull has been slowly chewing on the support beam of our platform bed since she was a puppy... well, I guess the added weight of having Steven in the bed was enough to send us crashing to the floor... and while it was hysterical at the time being, I was left with a huge lump on the back of my head from falling under the ridiculously heavy headboard, a pile of wood chips to clean up, and spending the first night with Steven home with the mattress on the floor. Ughhhhh! Yesterday we went out and picked out a new bedframe which is a really pretty cherry, but we can't pick it up until we find someone with a truck since Steven wont have his truck until we go to Michigan at the end of the month to trade in his Cadillac which is in storage at his grandparents.

Annoyance #4: Bees & spiders have taken over my yard in the past 24 hours. Thankfully, my hubs is on bug patrol, and he got a few different sprays to save me from the little creepy crawlers.

Annoyance #5: We were told that $400 we were getting for sitting in that terrible workshop was not coming to us in this paycheck as promised. Because someone's vacation was more important, there were 500 pissed off teachers. I mean, who dicks around with $200,000?! So now, we wont get it until the end of August (hopefully), since we only get paid once a month (super lame!).

Annoyance #6: the worst one of all... Steven is in Alpha Btry but he deployed with Bravo... well that meant that I was falling under a new FRG leader. I got 3-4 emails from the new FRG lady asking for my contact info since I would be receiving updates from her, not the old one. I dutifully replied to all of them, and come Friday night around 6:30-7:00, I get a phone call from Steven on his cellphone, not his skype phone number?! He was at green ramp wondering why I wasnt there. I felt HORRIBLE since this is his first tour in the middle east (but not his first overseas since he was in Korea for a year) and no-one was waiting for him when he got off the plane. However, he came home with over 400 guys, and a lot of them didnt even get a chance to find their family in the 15 minutes they got before they had to go turn in their weapons, so I might not have even had a chance to see him, but it still really upset me. My friend Crystal had graciously offered to take some homecoming pictures for us (Check her out at Perfectly Imperfect... she just started a blog and needs some followers) but that is Army life I suppose... nothing goes as planned. I am sure we will have many more homecomings over the next 15 or so years before he retires.

At least he's HOME (well, right now he's at work, but he's in the states!!)... and that's all that really matters... It made this weekend tolerable. Without him home, I would have gone insane for sure... but now he's home, and safe... and my heart is whole once again. He even brought home a bootleg copy of Eclipse for me... I know, I know... I have the greatest hubs ever, and no, you can not share him. lol. Just kidding :)

4 comments:

  1. Aw I know how MIL are lol. I have one like that ugh! but YAY your hubby is home thats awesome.. My hubby is still in AIT school he graduates in 2weeks and then he will have to do more training in Missouri for 5 weeks Grr. Then we will be stationed in Colorado =)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Eek. I. Love. Eclipse. So jealous of your bootleg copy! But definitely not jealous of those bees, spiders and your mil. Tehe. Sorry. But for real, I'm sorry about all your annoyances! At least Steven is home now. Things can only go up from here! :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. Awh, you made me famous in your blog!! You had a shit weekend! But at least he was home. I would have thought the whole FRG thing would be annoyance #1!! I'm sorry it's been shitty. Is she still there? Once Jon gets home, all four of us will have to do dinner or have a BBQ or something!!!!

    ReplyDelete
  4. That's great that he's home and the MIL is gone! Jealous of your Eclipse copy!

    ReplyDelete