Tuesday, November 30, 2010

Gosh it's quiet without him...

The Army has decided to take the hubs away for another 3 weeks. The sucky part is, is that he's here... he just can't come home at night. It's super-de-duper annoying :( I was really looking forward to him being able to come to my work Christmas party this year, and we still have to do pretty much all of our Christmas shopping... but thankfully he will be home before Christmas, so I guess the Army isn't on my sh*tlist YET!

I hate that he's been away more than he's been home lately, but it reminds me how thankful I am to have him. When he's here he drives me bananas with not rinsing his dishes, having to watch Two & a Half Men every night, his inability to stay our of the kitchen when I'm cooking, or leaving all the lights on... but when he's gone I miss all of those annoying things! Well, maybe not the dishes thing, because I've mentioned before how much food in my sink grosses me out! lol

Now it's time to count down the days until he's free from classes... and I get to look forward to visiters right after he's done! My mom & dad will be here right after Christmas! I'm excited. My dad & mom have only been to our new house once, and that was when we first closed on it, so they hasn't even gotten to see it with furniture or anything.


8 comments:

  1. Aww, I'm sorry! I know how you feel.. For about a year before Jay deployed, things were that way.. I even remember thinking that I'd rather have him deployed and not coming in and out constantly.. He'd be in the field for two weeks and then home for a day or two and then back to the field for a week or two.. Then there were two separate JRTC's, training, and schools.. It's annoying.

    I do miss all of the "annoying" things about him lately.. How he'd play COD for hours on end, how he never wanted the house cold and would constantly mess with my thermostat.. Everything.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Funny how when they're away, we actually miss all the annoying little habits. :( I cannot wait until I get all Seth's annoying habits back home in just about a month!!! :) I hope it goes fast for you! Keep your chin up!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Aw, that totally sucks hon, I'm sorry. I cant imagine how hard it is for him to be so close but be able to come home.

    And, isn't it ridiculous how much we'll b*tch about our guys' annoying little habbits but miss them when they're not around, lol. Girls...go figure *shrug*. Totally loving your blog btw!

    ReplyDelete
  4. awww...i hope he can be home for christmas.

    xo
    monica

    ReplyDelete
  5. as another has said, it's annoying to keep them apart for a short amount of time than come home for 2-3 days and than back out again. I'm in the same boat right now. My husband is getting ready to deploy so he will be gone A LOT beforehand. It doesn't make sense to me. It will be like he's deployed for 9 months instead of just 7. Hang in there :) We all got to it at some point.

    ReplyDelete
  6. It seems like you have a lot to look foward to this Christmas. :)

    Lorraine

    ReplyDelete
  7. I tried to e-mail ya and tell you I finished reading your blog, but it didn't work for some reason? Anyway, I enjoy that your birthday is the day before mine AND that you moved to NC on a whim. I did the same thing! Crazy.

    ReplyDelete
  8. Oh no, that does suck. At least you know you've got family coming for the holiday!

    ReplyDelete