Monday, November 22, 2010

I have a secret...

... I'm addicted to tattoos, but shhhhh, don't tell!

If money was no object, I would probably have more than I have now. Plus, being a teacher kind of limits my being able to cover myself in them. I have 5 right now, but I am sure I will have many more once I get my car paid off & I have an extra $400/month :)

Here they are:

My First: "Tramp Stamp"
Photobucket
It says my name (Erin)... I got this one the day before my 18th birthday. I eventually got the stars recolored to blend in with my starry night tattoo (Number 3)

My Second: Left Ankle
Photobucket
My ankle is on the right... I got this one when I was 19 or 20 with my best friend at the time. Two years later we got in a huge fight because she moved down here to NC with me and never paid rent. We didnt talk for really long time. Then, one of our good friends passed away & we ended up going out and getting sh*tfaced after his wake on Jack Daniels (his fav) and that was pretty much the end of our fight.

My Third: Left Rib Cage
Photobucket
I've been obsessed with Van Gogh & Starry Night for as long as I can remember. I had the tattoo artist take the actual painting & trace it in the center of the stars. It will forever be my favorite piece of ink because it came out absolutely amazing.

Here's a close up:
Photobucket

My Fourth: Right lower back to right hip
Photobucket
It starts on my back...

Photobucket
...and winds around to my right hip!
It says "For with God... Nothing shall be impossible"

My Fifth: Right Rib Cage
Photobucket
Here is what it looked like when I first got it done... awful, I know. This is what happens when you're impatient & walk into a shop looking to get a tattoo that day. NEVER AGAIN.

Here it is after Frank (the artist who did my starry night stars) fixed it:
Photobucket
So much better! If you look closely, you can see the bruising all the way around the heart... I'm not going to lie, both my rib pieces have been by far more painful than anything else I've experienced. The tattoo gun hits your bone & literally rattles your ribs until you can't breathe!

What tattoos do you have? Post them on your blog then go on over to The Daisy Approach & link up.

thedaisyapproach
She's got a straight-up way of writing her blog that I love... but beware, she's a little on the risque side... but in a good way ;)

14 comments:

  1. Wow girl, you have some nice tattoos. I don't have any, but I'm planning on getting one soon.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thanks for linking up! I am now following your blog...thanks for the compliment ;)

    I love your starry night tattoo...so freakin creative and gorgeous!!! You are brave for doing the ribs I am about to do my bicept and I'm cringing already!

    ReplyDelete
  3. the starry night tattoo is absolutely beautiful!! i have tattoo right now, but i REALLY want a back peice and a thigh piece... but we'll see. :)

    ReplyDelete
  4. I love the Starry Night one!!!! It's so pretty. I don't have any tattoo's...I'm too much of a scardy cat. However, my fiance does and I think they're sexy as hell :)

    ReplyDelete
  5. Holy mother of OUCH girl! Those rib pieces look fierce as all hell! I have one on my stomach that I thought was going to kill me so I can only imagine what those felt like! They're beautiful though!! So cool to find another NC chicka on here! I'm your newest follower!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Ok...so I tried to follow your blog through GC but it wouldn't let me! Let me know if you get it fixed!

    ReplyDelete
  7. I'm amazed by all your tattoos! :) I only have one, but I'm jealous of yours. Thanks for following me!

    ReplyDelete
  8. I love your tattoos! I agree that the rib cage is definitely painful.. However, I think that my back piece hurt more.. It's a mixture of bone pain and muscle pain all in one.. I'm still dreading getting it finished when Jay comes home!

    I love my tattoos, but I hate the pain!

    ReplyDelete
  9. That starry night one is ridiculously cool! I don't know how you did that. I have one tiny tattoo on my hip bone. It took 5 minutes and I was SUCH a wimp!

    ReplyDelete
  10. I love your tattooos! I looove tattoos too. I don't have as many as you though.

    ReplyDelete
  11. Your tattoos are really cool!!! I hate a tattoo on my left side. Really small so it only too about 5 mins and didn't really hurt! I was lucky!

    ReplyDelete
  12. I don't have any tattoos to post... yet! But I absolutely LOVE your starry night piece and I love the placement of it! That's where I'd get mine!

    ReplyDelete
  13. Wow you do have a lot of tattoos! I love the "For with God... Nothing shall be impossible" one, def. my fav :-)

    I have one tat but it's white so I don't know if it counts :-)
    http://jennymayandswede.blogspot.com/2010/01/conquer-self.html

    ReplyDelete