Tuesday, November 9, 2010

Vanilla Soy Milk

I buy soy milk because it lasts forever (Really! The expiration dates are like 2 months later!) I have 3 kinds of Soy milk currently in my fridge. Chocolate, because it's super yummy! Vanilla, because I like it in my cereal. Regular, to cook with.

Today I let the hubster cook dinner. I've had to cook for myself for the last month, and now that he's home with jump wings, I decided to let him go ahead and cook, against my better judgement. I'm really anal about who I let cook for me... My mom, my dad, and my maternal grandmother... that's about it. The hubs has only cooked for me a handful of times, and the last time I let him cook for me, he made me breakfast. He was shocked that I had never had Biscuits & Sausage Gravy. Not easy to screw up, right? Well, instead of adding FLOUR to the gravy, he accidently grabbed my canister of CONFECTIONARY SUGAR. Needless to say, it was DISGUSTING, and I have since labeled all my canisters! Aside from grilling, he hasn't been allowed to cook since then. lol.

For dinner he made steak & Au Gratin potatoes. Again, not easy to screw that up, right?... Well, he didn't read, and we ended up with vanilla soy milk in our potatoes. I choked down a few bites before I figured out why they tasted funny. He's been eating MRE's for the past month, so he said he didn't even notice. lol. They were pretty gross! Needless to say, he is back to being banished as the grillmaster, and thats it!


3 comments:

  1. I love soy milk! It is all I drink yet it has never dawned on me that it literally never expires! Plus I had a good giggle over your hubbies kitchen blunder.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I too think soy milk is extra yummy! All my hubby is allowed to do is grill and sometime make me breakfast, I always say what he makes best is reservations! :)

    ReplyDelete