Monday, December 6, 2010

Faculty Meetings... YUCK!

Today we were informed we would be having a "brief" faculty meeting just as we were loading the kids on the buses. Apparently brief means being at the school until almost 5pm listening to teachers ask kid-specific questions that don't pertain to the rest of us. Its stunk big time! It made it so that I came home & didnt want to be productive at all! Thankfully we dont have one next week since we have a PTO meeting. Those arent too bad.

Since I'm on the school topic, I have a HYSTERICAL story. I have one student who is AG (academically gifted). I normally don't have any(even though I have many smart kids) since all of the AG students are grouped together into one class which is taught by a teacher that is AG certified. Since I had him tested & identified this year b/c I thought he was wise beyond his years, he'll stay with me this year, and be streamed into the AG program next year. Since he's such a smarty pants, he normally has his hand up to answer pretty much any question that I have. Today, I told him I wanted to hear from some of the other students, and stopped calling on him for a few questions. Then I hear giggling, and see that he again has his hand raised to answer my question. He had drawn a curly mustache on his finger, and was holding it in front of his face as his "disguise." He told me he was no longer _________ and he was now Pierre in a fake french accent. It took a lot for me to stay composed because I thought it was absolutely genius of him. Kids these days!

Lastly, I urge all of my lovely followers to head on over and follow Dog Tag Wife Life. She's donating $ for each new follower she gets in the month of December to the Wounded Warrior Project! All you have to do is follow her to add to her donation! So go on over, and let her know I sent you. You wont be disappointed. You can hear all about her cute furkids and her wedding plans :D Plus, she's got a pretty blog designed by the same lovely lady that did mine, so it's something nice to look at. lol




2 comments:

  1. Thank you so much for the shoutout!!!! I really appreciate it! I'll return the favor for sure :-)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Haha I love that the kid drew a mustache on his finger and was in disguise!! So clever!! I'm on my way to follow It's A Dog Tag Wife Life right now! :)

    ReplyDelete