Wednesday, December 15, 2010

I almost forgot...

...Weeeee bit of Weds!

I know I'm blowing up peoples dashboards with posts tonight, and I apologize. I probably should have streamlined them all into one post. Oh well. I'll just be the obnoxious blogger for the night!! I'll blame it on being hyper over our first 2-hr delay. I enjoy them so much better than snow days. Up North we had snow days built into the schedule, down here, they do not. So any snow day we get needs to be made up at a later date. No thanks!!



{one} did you buy a christmas tree this year?
Yep. We didnt put up one last year b/c he was gone, and I was living with friends... now that we have our own house, we figured it was time to get one.

{two} what is your favorite holiday tradition?
Back home, we always used to have a Christmas party at my parents house on Christmas... this year my family is coming here since the hubs doesnt have any leave days, so we can't travel anywhere... but I'm going to miss a full house and my dads yummy gumbo! 

{three} do you open your gifts on christmas eve or christmas day?
We went back and forth on this once my sister & I got older. I am not a morning person, even on Christmas. My philosophy is that the presents will still be there at noon when I finally roll out of bed, but my sister does not share the same feelings, and would rather get up at the butt-crack of dawn. A few years my mom tried to appease my sister and let us do presents on Christmas Eve so that I could sleep until it was time to go to my grandmothers, but that just didnt seem as fun.

{four} at what age did you stop believing in santa claus?
When I found all of the presents... maybe 4th or 5th grade?

{five} do you fill stockings?
My mom always put the most random stuff in our stockings. My favorite was always the giant pack of AA batteries. I never seem to have them when I need them. Sadly, she told me this year was the last year for be to be getting a stocking full of randomness. Hopefully I can convince the hubs to continue on the battery tradition.

{six} handmade presents or store bought presents?
Both!! 

{seven} do you have a favorite christmas meal?
We normally have snacky type foods on Christmas Eve after church, then have a Christmas dinner at my grams. The hubs still hasn't embraced the fact that we have turkey/ham AND spaghetti and meatballs (this also happens on Thanksgiving and someone is always in trouble for eating the meatballs before they hit the table.) He doesnt think that pasta and meatballs are holiday foods... mostly b/c he's not cool enough to be part Italian :P

{eight} is your christmas tree real or artificial?
Sadly, it's fake. Real trees are so hard to keep up with, even if they do smell amazing.

{nine} what is your favorite christmas song?
Britney Spears-My Only Wish

{ten} did you send out christmas cards this year?
Yep. I got in on that Shutterfly deal. They came out really nice, except 50 was way too many. I had 10-15 extras. If I get them again, it would be on the condition that they came in a smaller increment. 



1 comment:

  1. This is cute! :) I don't think opening presents on Christmas eve is as fun either... instead we have a big yummy dinner followed by many treats and then a candle-light service... to anticipate presents in the morning:)

    ReplyDelete