Friday, December 31, 2010

I hate people!

I seriously DESPISE people that dont take care of their pets. Whether it's a pet that they let roam free on a busy road, a pet they dont spay/neuter that has litter after littler, or a pet that they abandon on the side of the road.

Last night when we were coming home from dinner I almost ran over two puppies. Thankfully I'm used to scanning the road for deer at night, so I'm super observant when it comes to watching the sides of the road. I tried to pick them up, but my father told me that they probably had rabies, and urged me not to do it. At the risk of injuring myself (with rabies) or my 3 dogs if they happened to be sick with something, I left the puppies. My mom made me feel better by saying at least they had each other.

Today I saw one lying on the side of the road. I sobbed the whole way home & cursed my dad for not letting me save it's life last night. And I'm sobbing again as I right this post. They don't have each other anymore...

And that is why today (and every time I see a pet on the side of the road/abandoned in a shelter) I absolutely hate people who don't take care of their pets!


8 comments:

  1. I felt like there were a lot of abandoned dogs in NC! It was so sad. I hated it!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Awww.. How sad. We just got a new puppy last night, so this definitely made me tear up. :(

    ReplyDelete
  3. Aw I'm sorry. I hate that people dont take care of their pets too. Why get an animal & then just abandon it or not watch over it...it's really effed up.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Agreed!!! And I dislike even more when irresponsible pet owners choose not to spay or neuter. If you aren't going to prevent unnwanted litters, get your pets fixed!

    ReplyDelete
  5. That's my peeve. I hate when people don't take care of pets. Why get one to begin with?!?!

    ReplyDelete
  6. I HATE people, too. It honestly makes me sick. We ended up with a third dog, because our asshole neighbors let him go before they moved out. Some other neighbors, just got a new dog that they let roam around, and it's clearly injuged, but they don't care.. They had a puppy before that, but got rid of it because it was too big of a problem (typical puppy chewing, etc). If I were you I would have picked up both of them and brought them home lol.. chances are pups won't have rabies, but being careful is understandable.

    I went to evaluate a dog for a rescue, but it was put to sleep the morning that I got there.. was so sick. It was dropped off because it ate one of the neighbors chickens. Well, believe it or not.. my dog (same breed) at a chicken too and I didn't drop her off at the pound.. ugh! Sorry for such a long post, but I feel the exact same way.

    I'm from upstate NY, too. Ithaca/Binghamton area. We are always scanning for deer ;) Now I'm a NC transplant.. go figure!

    ReplyDelete
  7. You can't get rabies if you have had all your shots silly. The pups would have to break your skin and bite you. I love this post though. I COMPLETELY AGREE WITH YOU. A few years ago, I called the Animal cop people on the house that backed up to mine. They had a golden retriever that they stopped letting into their house once their baby was born. So wrong.....all the neighbors knew...anyway I live in AZ and it gets ungodly hot...110 it was the day I called...the owners left a baby pool out in the yard for the dog's supposid water to drink. The dog was so hot that she would LAY IN the pool trying to cool off. It was awful. I had had enough and called the animal cops. They cited the neighbors!!!!! Thank god. shortly there after they ended up moving..and of course I always wonder about the dog...

    ReplyDelete
  8. Hi, I'm Jessica and new to your blog. This post definitely bought my interest because I care more about animals than I do about 99.9% of people too, and people treat them so terribly! All animals do is love unconditionally and how do people repay them sometimes? It's sick.

    ReplyDelete