Sunday, December 5, 2010

I hate Sundays

I really, really do. They sneak up on you, and seem to be over in the blink of an eye, then it's back to work time again. Boooooooo!

Since my last post I have figured out how to outsmart the thermostat. Since I somehow programed it for vacation mode, and can't seem to undo it, I just programed all 8 of the temperatures in that mode to 68 degrees, and now my house is the temperature I wanted. Sweet! That darn thermostat thought it was going to get the best of me yet again, but not this time :D

Friday I went to a Pampered Chef party. I hadn't been to one in forever, and not since I've been in NC. Now I have a big person job & can afford all of the fun gadgets. I'll post about this again when I get my goodies so you can all see my fun stuff! I think I'm even going to host a party next. I also got roped into going to a Premier Jewelry party yesterday, and everyone was saying how much they wanted to go to a Pampered Chef party, so I went ahead and booked one. Plus, the consultant is a fellow Army Wife, and I like helping out any way I can with them. I know firsthand how hard selling things is... I'll confess this only one time, back in college, I sold Cutco Cutlery. Yep, I was one of those annoying college kids peddling thousand dollar sets of knives... and they're totally NOT worth the outrageous price tag. Yes, they're nice, but you can get a set just as good, for a much better bargain. Plus, you have to have them sent off to get sharpened, which blows! If you ever get suckered into a demonstration, here are the items you want to buy: The ice cream scoop! It rocks, and has a pointed scoop to get the ice cream out of the corners in square containers. The spreader. Its great for bagels and sandwiches. You have a sharp cutting edge, and a spreader in one. And the stirring spoons. They balance on the edge of the pot easily so that you dont have to had a spoon rest, and you dont have to lay the dirty spoon somewhere. Just leave it right on the edge!

I also did some Christmas decoration shopping yesterday. I'll be back later to post some pictures of it all. I'm going to attempt this crafty project I found on Victoria's Blog (Which I've posted for before. I think she's great, so if you're not following her, then you should be!) I'll post details of how it turns out as well.



1 comment:

  1. I've almost done the knife selling thing !! Not entirely, but I went to the orientation thingy and they "loved" me and wanted me to do it. Thankfully I had about 4 weeks until they needed me to start and I found another job in the meantime! It was my goal. Glad you got your thermostat working and that wreath looks super cute!!!

    ReplyDelete