Saturday, December 25, 2010

Merry Christmas Ya'll!!

Wish you and your family a merry Christmas, and a happy holiday season :)

We did our Christmas yesterday since the hubster lucked out with 24hr staff duty starting at 9am this morning. However unlucky that was, I considered myself pretty lucky when I was awoken with a kiss by the hubster in his Class A's... YUM!! They're making them wear them for the first few hrs today to make them look all spiffy. I was definitely pleasantly surprised by that this morning :)

Christmas was pretty low key for us this year. In 2010 we've purchased:
-A house
-A Toyota Tundra
-1 dog (making 3)
-2 horses
-10 acres of land

Needless to say, we didnt want to go crazy with presents, since we've gotten so much together this year. Thankfully, my car will be almost paid off my next Christmas, and our 10 acres of property will be paid off by the following Christmas.

I got the hubster a tool box for his truck since he's been wanting one to keep his Army gear in, camo seat covers, and bunch of other fun little things. He got me a gorgeous horse shoe necklace from Kays (I will post a pic later) another pretty black and white sapphire necklace, and some other goodies. All in all, I think it was a great first Christmas together :)

We enjoyed a yummy dinner together, and I sent him to work with all of the leftovers.

Photobucket
Brown sugar glazed ham, mashed cauliflower & green bean casserole

Now, onto business. For those of you who are visiting family this holiday season, and may have forgotten to get someone a gift, I have a SUPER easy fudge recipe for you that is ready in about an hour. Stop by Walmart (since it never closes) and pick up the following. An 11.5oz bag of Choc. Chips,  bakers chocolate, vanilla, and a can of sweetened, condensed milk. Thats it!!

In a saucepan, melt the chocolate chips & 1 square of bakers chocolate on medium heat.
When choc. is melted, stir in the can of condensed milk and 1 tsp of vanilla.
Mix.
Pour into a baking dish (I foil-lined mine & sprayed with pam for easy clean up)
Stick in the fridge for about an hour
Enjoy :)

Thats it! So easy, and turns out delish! I made 4 batches (2 with heath toffee, one regular, and one with peanut butter/chocolate chips. I have 2 amazing friends who have invited me to dinner today so I wasnt all alone, so I wanted something yummy to share with them.

Photobucket
Sprinkled with toffee chips

PS. My parents arrive tomorrow :D


5 comments:

  1. Sounds like you and the hubby did well for yourselves this year! We also bought a house (literally, last week) so that was our big Christmas gift to each other.

    Your recipe sounds delicious! May have to try that out. Granted, I don't know how mine would turn out. Seems like I can mess even the simplest recipe up in a heartbeat (as evidenced by my 'homemade' chocolate chip cookies) but it's always worth a shot!

    Hope you have a good rest of the day! Merry Christmas!

    ReplyDelete
  2. As I was reading this post, I was thinking what a great recipe...and then I heard my dad say our 24 hr walmart is closed. Anyway, that's a much easier recipe than the one on the fluff jar!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Sounds like a great year!! This was our first christmas together too, it was so good to have him home!

    Glad you had a good Christmas! :)

    ReplyDelete
  4. It sounds like you started off with a great Christmas . Hope your family has a great time!

    ReplyDelete