Monday, January 10, 2011

Horses-As promised

They let us out early b/c the roads are supposed to get super icy this afternoon. We've already got more than the inch that was predicted. They've closed all of Ft Bragg aside from emergency personnel, and they're predicting it will be closed tomorrow as well. It cracks me up that so little snow/ice shuts the whole state down, but at the same time, it's understandable b/c they have no plows, sanders, or any other means to handle this weather down here.

I wish the sun would have stayed out, because when it was the pictures came out great, but instead it was hiding behind the clouds most of the time, leaving a lot of them washed out... but here they are, my big, beautiful horses (and a few of their playmantes)

Photobucket
Prancing around-fighting the saddle

Photobucket
This little stallion loves them

Photobucket
I think she looks like a lama in this picture!

Photobucket
Taunting the others! he he... you can see just how big she is.

Photobucket
They were sooooo mad she was out and they weren't

Photobucket
So they ran around like crazy!

Photobucket
Buddies


Photobucket
Is she not one of the prettiest horses you've ever seen?!

Photobucket
Fighting the hubs-she wanted to stay out and play with us, not go back in the pen.

Photobucket
She's put on sooooo much weight!

Photobucket
Now it's her turn to be mad from inside the pen

Photobucket
Favorite... I just wish the sun was out!!

Photobucket
Fiesty little stallion

Photobucket
They wanted to eat my camera!

Photobucket
Big momma

Photobucket
Whiskers!

Photobucket
I love this little girl

Photobucket
Checking out the horses.
Ty is a catahoula/border collie mix... being a cattle dog is in his blood. This was his first trip to meet the horses. At first he ran right in the pen with them, but they kind of cornered him by the fence & scared him. Once he got used to them he did great.



9 comments:

  1. She's gorgeous!!! Love the photos!!!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. BEAUTIFUL HORSES!!!!! :D I look forward to following you (:

    ReplyDelete
  3. These big guys are gorgeous!! Great pictures dear!

    Happy Monday! xo

    Oh, and have you checked out my $75 EmersonMade GIVEAWAY yet??

    ReplyDelete
  4. great photos! These are so awesome!!! I'm your new follower- I hope visit me soon! I leave for my adventures in Australia in just 1 week!!!

    www.passportsandprada.com

    xoxo, summer

    ReplyDelete
  5. OH i want to go riding :P
    I left you an award on my blog!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Gorgeous pictures, I think horses are such amazing animals. And I love the pic of your pup, he looks so excited!

    ReplyDelete
  7. Beautiful!!!!

    We miss North Carolina, and this is one of the reasons. Since moving to Alaska, we have seen *1* horse! We had a black thoroghbred when we lived there, and we miss him - and all the wonderful horses at the stable where we kept him!

    We spent 12 years at Bragg, and are hoping to return after our time up here.

    ReplyDelete