Saturday, February 19, 2011

Great Read & Spring Cleaning

google images

If you've been following my blog for a while, you know I love everything about horses, ESPECIALLY the idea of rescuing neglected horses. AND I love kids. This book is about an ex-special ops soldier working on a ranch for neglected horses, that works with troubled youths. How can it get much better than that?! Throw in a little romance, and serial killer, and it's pretty much one of the best books I've ever read... and the best part is I picked this book up on a whim at Dollar General for $3 because it had horses on the cover!! If I ever won the lottery, the first thing I would do was by a huge ranch somewhere and take in any/all of the neglected animals I could find.

Now that its already in the mid 70's at 12:30 in the afternoon, I've finished this fantastic book, I've already gotten some cute sunny photos of my fur children (sadly the smaller 3, not the horses... but I'm hoping to head out there tomorrow, even though I was just there on Thurs, if the hubs ever decides to wake up. He's got 24hr motorpool duty today) and I'm sans the hubs for the day, I've got all my windows open and it's time for a SERIOUS spring cleaning :)

I'll be back to post pics of the fur critters later. I've got a hysterical one of little 12lb Miley flying after 40lb Ty like she's going to rip his throat out. lol


5 comments:

  1. i always love finding a good bargain! and it looks like you found a good one.

    ReplyDelete
  2. You got that at DG?!!? I'm going to find the nearest one and HOPE like hell they have it here too!!!!! If not, it's $6 on Amazon :-)

    That's the EXACT same thing I would do if I won the lottery. Let me know if you ever do so I can help you!!!!!

    ReplyDelete
  3. I love finding great books on a whim like that! I've found some of the best books so far in the clearance section of stores!

    PS - you have an award on my blog!!

    ReplyDelete
  4. I have always said that if I win the lottery I'm going to buy a farm and adopt all the dogs at the local animal shelter. Horses would be great too!!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Guess what?? I found it!!!!! I only had to go to 2 DGs, but it is MINE!!! lol

    ReplyDelete