Sunday, February 27, 2011

Since I've been sucking at blogging lately

I've decided to hop on the bandwagon of some of the lovely blogs I follow and do the photo challenge :D

Day 01 - A picture of yourself with ten facts
Day 02 - A picture of you and the person you have been closest with the longest
Day 03 - A picture of the cast from your favorite show
Day 04 - A picture of your night
Day 05 - A picture of your favorite memory
Day 06 - A picture of a person you'd love to trade places with for a day
Day 07 - A picture of your most treasured item
Day 08 - A picture that makes you laugh
Day 09 - A picture of the person who has gotten you through the most
Day 10 - A picture of the person you do the most ****** up things with
Day 11 - A picture of something you hate
Day 12 - A picture of something you love
Day 13 - A picture of your favorite band or artist
Day 14 - A picture of someone you could never imagine your life without
Day 15 - A picture of something you want to do before you die
Day 16 - A picture of someone who inspires you
Day 17 - A picture of something that has made a huge impact on your life recently
Day 18 - A picture of your biggest insecurity
Day 19 - A picture and a letter
Day 20 - A picture of somewhere you'd love to travel
Day 21 - A picture of something you wish you could forget
Day 22 - A picture of something you wish you were better at
Day 23 - A picture of your favorite book
Day 24 - A picture of something you wish you could change
Day 25 - A picture of your day
Day 26 - A picture of something that means a lot to you
Day 27 - A picture of yourself and a family member
Day 28 - A picture of something you're afraid of
Day 29 - A picture that can always make you smile
Day 30 - A picture of someone you miss

So here we go-Day 1


This is one of my fav pics of myself. Its from about 2 years ago. I'm currently having an internal debate with myself on whether to grow my hair out long like this again, or hack it off for the summer. Decisions, decisions!

10 Facts

1. I was born in Upstate NY, in a pretty small town. I laugh every time I tell someone I'm from NY, and they automatically reply with "I LOVE NYC," to which I have to reply that I live closer to Canada than to NYC. lol.
2. We're planning on living in a log cabin when we retire
3. My handwriting changes all the time... especially my a's. Sometimes I will write a word and both of the a's in the word will be different
4. I love pasta more than I should... I'm sure it's the cause of all the weight of put on over the years
5. I've read entire books in one day on more than one occasion. If I find a really good book, and can not convince myself to put it down.
6. This is my 4th year teaching. I started when I was 21, fresh out of college.
7. Everything about bad teeth/losing teeth skeeves me out to the point of gagging. Any time one of my students come to me with a tooth that they've just lost I want to vomit.
8. My favorite students are normally the biggest handfuls
9. I'm afraid to drive over bridges and through tunnels. The Chesapeake Bay Bridge-Tunnel almost caused me to hyperventilate. 
10. I would love to paint a mural. I'm toying with the idea of painting a "window" on my wall with an Italian country side scene similar to the ones you see in Italian restaurants. 




3 comments:

  1. What a great Idea!! Where in upstate NY are you from? I lived in Buffalo, and Rochester.
    I do that with books as well! Bridges scare the heck outta me, when I had to cross the Mississippi and they were doing construction on the bridge if I hadn't been the one driving I woulda passed out I think!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I do the same thing with my writing {a's especially} and as for favorite students usually being the biggest handfuls, I think it's because there is such a sense of accomplishment when they do things right.

    ReplyDelete
  3. I was born near Syracuse and get the same thing. It's usually like, I've always wanted to go to NYC or I love NYC! So now I just like to tell them I was born in Rome, to get a similar reaction. I've always wanted to go to Italy!

    ReplyDelete