Wednesday, February 2, 2011

Wee Bits & My New Crack





 
{one} what was your favorite sitcom growing up?
Saved by the Bell... hands down. OBSESSED

{two} what song always makes you happy when you hear it?
Cowboy Take Me Away


{three} do you still have your wisdom teeth?
Nope. Sure don't. I'm also missing 4 other adult teeth. I have a small mouth apparently, and I couldnt hold them all


{four} what is your go to way to relax?
Reading!! (see below. lol)


{five} do you play any instruments?
Nope. I took Violin for a year, but the instructor was a crazy old coot, so I quit.


{six} nude beaches: yes or no?
No one wants to see this naked


{seven} do you chew your pens/pencils?
Not any more. I had to break myself of the pen cap chewing since who knows which kiddos in my class have touched the pen with their germy fingers

{eight} can you change the oil in your car?
Could, and would are two totally different things! lol.


{nine} can you curl your tongue?
Sure can... I can also make it into a clover shape. Maybe one of these days I'll post a picture.


{ten} can you knit or crochet?
I can crochet. I used to help my mom make lap blankets all the time for a retirement home. She used to work for the phone company before she retired, and they would do it at their desks while they were on the phone helping customers, then donate them to the elderly.

New crack:
I've put down my "grown-up" book (in the middle of reading it) because I've become obsessed with these books:

(google images)


Yep, I said it. I cannot stop reading them. I started reading the first one last Friday, but didnt have a chance to get into it. I had a super busy weekend, so I didnt pick it up again until Monday morning. Well, since then, I've finished The Lightning Thief, the Sea of Monsters, and I'm almost done with The Titans Curse. I'm super impressed that I've actually put it down to blog. Aside from when I'm teaching, I havent really stopped reading them... and at about a book a day, I should be finishing up the series by this weekend. I'm kind of bummed there are only five books. I don't remember a lot of names from learning Greek Mythology in school, but I remember a lot of what the people did, and I love predicting what's going to happen because of what I remember. The author did an awesome job!

Aside from Harry Potter, I havent really jumped on any series bandwagons, because most of the time, they stop being good after the first few. (Except for the Twilight Series. I love book 3, but I didn't really care for most of the other ones. Especially the ending of Breaking Dawn. What an anticlimactic ending!!) But I seriously cant get enough of this one!!

I've yet to see the movie, but my students who have read the series have said it's not that good. Apparently, they've left out a lot of the book. I don't think I'll rent it until I've finished all 5 :P



5 comments:

  1. i used to LOVE saved by the bell :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hey! I was fortunate enough to be awarded the Sylish Blogger Award, and I would like to pass it on to you! You can get the details on my blog! Congrats!

    ReplyDelete
  3. GIRLFRIEND I WAS ADDICTED TO SAVED BY THE BELL!!!
    And I have the first lighting thief book but haven't read it yet. I should get on that!

    Hope you have a great day pretty :)

    ReplyDelete
  4. I'm tempted to check those books out. I'll admit, I often prefer young adult books to my grown up books. Maybe I'm just reading the wrong grown up books?

    ReplyDelete
  5. SBTB still rocks my socks! AC Slater with the jeri curl and all!

    ReplyDelete