Saturday, March 19, 2011

Yay for Aldi, Booooo Walmart!

Today I was out doing some running around b/c I wanted to try some brownie/rice crispies that I had found the recipe for. I stopped in Aldi for the first time to check it out b/c my mom just discovered it and told me you can find some really good prices, just be prepared to bring your own bags. I was actually super impressed with just how cheap stuff was. Even cheaper than the Walmart brands!! And the people that work there are super nice... NOT so much for Walmart.

I had to stop in Walmart after to pick up a few things that I couldnt get at Aldi. I only had a BASKET NOT A CART, so I figured I would scoot through the 20 items or less check out. I didn't think I had that much, but apparently I did b/c the cashier and the bagger proceeded to talk shit about me WHILE they were ringing me out. The conversation consisted of them going back and forth about how I obviously had more than twenty items, and some other very unprofessional comments. YES, I had 27 items. My bad. I didnt count them before I got in line b/c I had a basket for crying out loud. SIX of those items were pizza dough, which she rang up as ONE item and just hit six, so really I only had 21 items that she had to scan.

No disrespect to any of my readers who work at Walmart, but it seems like the people that work at the Walmart's here at Bragg are rude and have zero customer service. Back home they are soooo nice, and on the pin pad for debit/credit cards it asks you if the associate was polite. I always hit yes. Here, they don't ask you that question on the pin pads because they'd all get a big fat NO!

So if you can't count to twenty, be prepared to have the cashier tell you you're an asshole while you're standing in line at your local Walmart :P


6 comments:

  1. i agree, back home walmart was like the place to go, they were nice, clean and HUGE. Here, no one sees to care about what walmart looks like and it looks crappy! I hate bad customer service I really do. It's there JOB to be nice to people, that's what they get paid to do and they can't seem to do it.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Seriously? That's ridiculous! Sometimes they have a number you can call at the bottom of the receipt to take a survey about your experience. The people who work at WalMart here are very nice, but I still try to avoid it~ I always end up with a headache shopping there lol.

    ReplyDelete
  3. That is terrible. Wow. I would call and complain! I hope your next trip to Walmart is much better!

    ReplyDelete
  4. I hate Walmart & I've found that about 95% of all employees are terribly rude.

    ReplyDelete
  5. I'm a big fan of Aldi, they don't have everything but their prices are good!

    ReplyDelete
  6. I despise Walmart. I avoid shopping there at all costs. My parents have an ALDI by them so I make it a point to combine visits to them with a trip to ALDI. There is also one by my work. Plus they have European Chocolate for next to nothing which is a winning situation for me! :)

    ReplyDelete