Wednesday, April 27, 2011

I want to VOMIT... Read at your own risk

These little f*ckers have taken over the outside of my house. Ewwwwww

(google images)
Isn't he UGLY?! Meet the jumping spider. BARF! Thankfully they're not harmful, and don't bite unless provoked.

And these guys are NINJA's! They come down on their little spidey-strings and try and attack your face.

Normally I just screech like a baby until the hubs kills it for me. HOWEVER, one of these Houdini's made it into the house last night and I found him on my ceiling this morning... The hubs is in the field... That left me to kill it myself :( 

Did I mention I have vaulted ceilings in my living room? Well, I do, and the little brat was about 15 feet above my head. I stared at him a good half an hour until he started moving and I had to act fast before he crawled off and hid somewhere... I taped my broom to my swiffer and smashed his little guts out. Too bad his little guts were stuck on my ceiling WAY out of my reach... They have since fallen down and been flushed to Spidey-Heaven, thankfully.

Now that my skin is crawling, and I'm sure yours is well, anyone have any suggestions on how to get rid of these icky little arachnids? 

Because this "little" guy on my storm door HAS GOT TO GO!

Sorry it's out of focus and sideways... I just wanted y'all to see how big and furry these guys are. This one is about half the size of the one I killed on my ceiling this morning. Maybe he's the baby trying to avenge his fathers death by swiffer! 


6 comments:

  1. Ew! I would have a panic attack if those dudes were all over my house (or even just outside)...you can clearly see the fuzz on them.

    You are brave, I would've had to vacate the premises.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I don't want to thank you for sharing that. It's gross!

    ReplyDelete
  3. *shudder* I hate, hate, hate spiders! We had a tarantula like thing on our back patio that the dogs got ahold of. And we had black widows last year.

    ReplyDelete
  4. I hate those guys!!! well I hate spiders in general they freak me out! I have no idea how to get rid of them. We used to get them all the time in the older house we lived in and I could not stand it.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Ewww! I would have freaakkkeeed!!!

    ReplyDelete
  6. AHHHH GROSSS!!! That's like the other day I found a huge spider just chillin on my bath towel! Anyway if you go to home depot they sell spider repellent spray. Spray it on the edges of all rooms and doors, I think you can spray it outside too, and the spiders will not come near.

    ReplyDelete