Monday, April 25, 2011

I'm on vaaaacation :)

I've been on pins & needles waiting for Spring Break to finally get here. It's been a long 4 months since the Christmas holiday and the kids were definitely in need of this break as well.

On Friday I got an AWESOME surprise in the mail. The lovely Lindsey at Love Lindsey sent me the book that I won. Hooray!! I've wanted to try being a vegetarian for a super long time... I don't know if I'll be able to give up chicken, but I think it will be interesting to try. She told me once she read it, it made it fairly easy. I might do a give-a-way and pass it on once I'm finished with it ;)



Yesterday, while the hubs was at Staff Duty yesterday, I spent the day stalking tons and tons of blogs that I've been falling behind on. I think I follow WAY too many craft blogs b/c the only thing I wanted to do was craft, craft, craft. lol. he he.

So far I've ETCHED a million jars. The hubs calls me a hoarder, but I knew I would find a use for all of those old sauce jars. Originally I was going to nail them to the bottom of a shelf in the garage to hold all of the hubs nails, screw, ect. Yesterday I saw soooooo many bloggy friends have been ETCHING their jars. My office (where I keep all of my crafty supplies) is in need of some SERIOUS cleaning/organizing. I pulled out my craft bin and starting thinking of things that I could stick into my jars. Now all of my buttons and beads have new homes, and I will be making some more to hold on to all of my other little knick-knacks.

For those of you who haven't seen this project, all you need is Armour Etch ($8.50 at Hobby Lobby-A little pricey, but believe me, a little goes a LONG way with this stuff!!) and some contact paper. Just cut out your stencil and paint on some of the etching cream. It takes 5 minutes to dry, and you are good to go! So simple! I'm totally jealous of people with silhouettes and cricuts because it makes it so much faster  to stencil, but contact paper worked just fine.



My bookshelf was covered with tons and tons of binders and old textbooks. I love how my professors swore that I would use them once I started teaching. Ha! I've been out of school and teaching for FOUR years and I have done nothing but move them from apartment to apartment. So I finally decided it was time to stop pretending that I was going to use them, and pack them away.... this gave me a whole shelf to fill with all of my newly organized craft supplies :)

Before-Covered with books I've NEVER used!!

After-So much less clutter!

Organized :D

Pretty new jars... and I found those cute star cans in the dollar section at target

While I was cleaning, I found some extra camo fabric and I wanted to try and make one of THESE cute little bobby pins. The bowl I used was a little too big, so I don't think I'll use it in my hair, but I think I might find an old t-shirt to attach it to :D




4 comments:

  1. Decluttering is the best feeling ever! Everything you did looks so cute!

    Have a great Spring Break! :D

    ReplyDelete
  2. I love your name on the bookshelf!

    ReplyDelete
  3. You have such a cute blog, I'm your newest follower!

    That was a great decluttering job. Can I borrow you for like a week? :)

    ReplyDelete
  4. Wow! That shelf looks completely different now! It looks good!

    ReplyDelete