Thursday, May 5, 2011

For my dog lovers!

Check out THIS photo essay of War Dogs that I found via an article on the Yahoo homepage. It has some amazing pictures of how the military is using dogs to aid in the war efforts, and it contains some interesting facts.

"The rate of detection with the Pentagon's fanciest equipment -- drones and aerial detectors -- was a 50 percent success rate, but when a dog was involved it rose 30 percent."


That's pretty cool IMO. And for a mere $20,000, you can have your very own genetically altered bomb sniffing dog that can sniff out suicide bombers in a crowd, and tell their handler without being detected. Pretty amazing if you ask me!


2 comments:

  1. I think the best thing about war dogs is that they have their own modified sunglasses to wear out in the desert. <3 So adorable!


    (I'm realizing that this makes me sound very shallow...)

    ReplyDelete
  2. A friend of mine posted this on facebook, loved this article.

    ReplyDelete