Monday, May 2, 2011

I may lose a follower or two, but I'm going to say it anyway...

This REALLY pisses me off:


Now let me say, that I'm not a FAN of Obama, but I don't hate the guy. The only problem I had with him running was that I thought he lacked experience... He is however giving me $8,000 for buying a house, so I honestly have no reason to dislike the guy... However, what did he really do in all of this? Did he shoot bin Laden? Didn't he want to pull out of the Middle East?

Why is my facebook page littered with THIS image over and over again? Where are the ones that say "Way to go troops!" or "Hell Ya Navy Seals!" I just think it's incredibly shitty that for the past ten years our TROOPS have been fighting terrorism, yet I'm seeing MINIMAL thanks going out to them, and it seems like every status on my feed is praising Obama.



**Edit** This is in no way a post against Obama. I don't think that he is trying to take credit for killing him, I just think it's crumby that people are giving him credit for it. The fact that the about image says "I was too busy killing Osama" is the part that irks me to no end, and I'm 99.999999 sure Obama didn't hop on Photoshop and make that for himself though, so I can't be mad at him for it. Too many people who sweat Obama are seeing this as a win for his campaign, and I don't think people should re-elect him because of it. It should be based off of what he actually does in his time in office... not what he says he will do, or what other politicians allege that he did.


11 comments:

  1. AMEN, my friend! I could not have said it better myself.

    ReplyDelete
  2. AMEN AMEN AMEN! This photo makes me wanna barf...and I commented BARF on every ignorant American who posted this on their Facebook today. I don't hate Obama either...he is the Commander and Chief after all...but GEEZ!

    ReplyDelete
  3. To be honest, when I saw that picture I felt it was more of a way to put things into perspective then anything which is why I did repost it. Obviously people know he wasn't actually there (I hope they do anyways) but the message was about people making a huge deal over a birth certificate when the coordination of killing osama bin laden was in the works . I personally believe more people need to recognize the good work the military does but Obama is a very public figure that is easy to identify and rally around. Also...if people unfollow you for this they are just plain silly.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Love, love, love, love, love, love this post!!

    ReplyDelete
  5. I actually haven't seen this picture. Thankfully, the majority of my facebook friends have been thanking soldiers instead of Obama. These are people from both sides of the spectrum. Some I haven't spoken to in years. Of course there are a few who have complete boners for Obama but they are also the ones that seem to think the war is over.

    ReplyDelete
  6. While listening to his address it didn't seem to me that he was taking all the credit. He was thanking everyone involved in the planning and excepting of Bin Ladin's capture. I think it is easy for people to thank the President because most are uneducated (for lack of a better word) about the military.

    To each their own though. We are all entitled to our own opinions. Hey I am marrying the most Conservative Republican EVERR and we still love each other haha But I agree with Erin it would be silly if you lost followers over this post.

    ReplyDelete
  7. Obama did specifically give praise thanks to the troops during his speech last night. The only thing he took credit for was authorizing the attack after having enough information to do so. I don't know if you watched it, but it's only 10 minutes long and really good. You could probably find it on youtube.

    ReplyDelete
  8. I'm glad you didn't post about cutesy crap ! LOL I posted A TON of stuff on FB about Osama and Obama. I got comments all over the place. All I know is, he may have had Bin Laden gone on "his term" of Presidency, but that doesn't dig him out of the hole of DEBT he he faces right now in our economy or how unhappy our American people are with his Presidency.

    ReplyDelete
  9. Amen, sister! I couldn't agree more!

    ReplyDelete