Thursday, May 26, 2011

A quick update

I'm still playing phone tag with the vet, so my sweet old horsey has yet to get checked out. I'm still praying its nothing serious. Hopefully within the next week I can have her checked out and on the road to good health. I will be sure to keep y'all updated, and thanks again for those of you who sent prayers/happy thoughts our way after the last post.

We FINALLY got our taxes back! Wahoo. Thanks Uncle Sam for that $10,539 check in my mailbox. I greatly appreciated it. Pretty soon I will be getting my land cleared off so my sweet horses can come live 5 minutes away instead of 50 :( If you've been reading my blog for a few months, then you've heard me rant and rave about the process and a half it's been to get my taxes back. I should have kept my maiden name for all the trouble this has caused! lol

My kiddos did pretty well on their Math & Reading End of Grade tests. I'm so proud of my students for all of their hard work, and I'm going to miss the little buggers when they go off to middle school (and PCS far, far away from me. ::sad face::) We hit over 80% passing in Math (just 3 out of my 16 kiddos didnt) and Reading wasnt far behind that! Hippy! Hopefully when they retest in June we can get the rest to pass since they were SOOOOO close (within 4pts)! I really hate this time of year for them. They beat themselves up over these tests, and the state keeps changing them around so there is no real consistency. Lame!

Hubs is on his way to TN this weekend to his mom's house. Thankfully he's only planning on staying one night since him and his mother don't really get along. If you'd like to know how much I LOVE my Mother-In-Law (NOT!!!) then check out this awesome letter I got from her HERE. She's so nice to me :)
He's picking up a motor from a friend of his step-fathers for the Camero. I can't freaking wait for it to be fixed up and out of my garage! ha ha!

I plan on spending the rest of the weekend relaxing and hopefully we'll be getting the boat out on the lake. I'm thankful for the long weekend, but at the same time, I hate that we even have to have a holiday to remember the fallen... sadly, this is the world we live in. Hopefully somewhere down the line, humanity will learn to get along, and stop killing each other over petty differences. A girl can dream right?!


3 comments:

  1. Wow, that note is all kinda of nasty!

    I hope you have a great weekend. And I hope all is okay with your horse. :)

    If you have a second check out my very first giveaway.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Yay! That's great that you got your return!!! Hope everything turns out ok with your horse!

    ReplyDelete
  3. I hope your horse is okay Erin! I absolutely love following your blog, so I left you a little something on mine :)

    http://therushfamily.blogspot.com/2011/05/spreading-sunshine.html

    ReplyDelete