Wednesday, May 11, 2011

Wee #45




 
{one} what profession have you always admired?
(I love all of you that put teachers! We don't get admired as often as you'd think!) Anyone in public service... nurses, police officers, firefighters, etc. Anyone who is more passionate about their job than they are about their paycheck!!

{two} what would the title of your memoir/biography be if it was written today?
Tales of a young teachers driven to the edge of insanity by a pack of 10 year olds!

{three} how far do you commute to work?
about 6 miles one way :P And I'm the one who drives the little fuel efficient car... whereas my hubs drives 12 miles one way, then all over the Army post, in his giant gas guzzling truck... oh well. Boys have to have their toys!

{four} are your earlobes attached or detached?
Detached... and the right one is "missing a chunk"... Not really, but that's what it looks like. When I was 5 or 6 I was having a hearing screening at school. The school nurse pushed the headphones onto my head. It caught my rather large Ms Piggy earring, and she continued to push them while I screamed bloody murder. She pushed the earring right out of my ear. I was so traumatized that my parents chose not to get the two pieces stitched together, and the way they healed makes it look like a chunk is taken out of it... At least I can gross my students out when I "make my ear talk" lol

{five} do you eat the unpopped kernels of popcorn at the bottom of the bag?
LOVE half popped kernels. When I worked at the movie theater, we had to sift them out of the popcorn by raking the popcorn over this grate. We would then take the "trash popcorn" out and snack on all the half popped ones since they were going to get tossed anyway.

{six} what is the strangest gift you’ve ever received?
I teach 10 year olds... I get strange gifts at least once a week! lol

{seven} what is one tv show that you wish hadn’t been cancelled?
Two and a half men... Not that I like the show, but the hubs is OBSESSED with it. I am SOOOOOO sick of watching the same old episodes over and over again. I know Sheen is crazy and all, but I really wish CBS would take his crazy ass back so that I didnt have to watch reruns!

{eight} what is something that you are saving money for right now?
Paying off the land we got.

{nine} what hobby would you like to take up?
I have too many as it is... but I can't wait to have my horses close so that I can ride them!

{ten} how many times a year do you get really dressed up?
Defined dressed up... Like prom style? Rarely... maybe once every 2 years for weddings and military balls... but being dressed nicely, then Mon-Thurs (we're allowed to wear jeans on Friday if we donated to the United Way)


2 comments:

  1. That ear story...so traumatizing. I think I would still be crying slash mad at the school nurse.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I couldn't agree more about Two And A Half Men! Nobody else is going to be the same as mr. crazy.

    ReplyDelete