Friday, June 24, 2011

Friday Fill In

1. Are you a different person than you were five years ago? submitted by Sisterly Thoughts
Absolutely... I graduated from college just over 4 years ago. Five years ago I was about to turn 21. I was wild and crazy, and loving life. I have definitely calmed down quite a bit since then! ha.
2. If you could go on Amazing Race, who would you take with you as your partner and why? submitted by Thoughts from a Poekitten
Love, love, love Amazing race. Although I would LOVE to experience this with the hubster, I can say with some certainty that one of us would not make it back alive. See, as much as I love him, we both have VERY hot heads, and we'd eat each other alive in a stressful environment like that. I would have to take my friend Kristi. She is a triathlete, and we have talked about how much fun it would be on the show. She's a fellow teacher, so brains + her super athletic self = my top choice for the amazing race :) BONUS: she grew up on a farm, so she'll eat pretty much anything if she has to!

This is my favorite picture of the two of us. The school we both worked for at the time did faculty volleyball games to raise money for Relay for Life. The "shorts" and leggings are actually little girl tights. We joked about how we should wear them as spankies even though they arent quite school appropriate. We ended up making these to wear instead:



3. Does Facebook or Twitter actually bring more stress or good in to your life? submitted byJust an Arizona Girl
I don't tweet, but facebook is pretty much only good for a constant stream of distraction! lol. Just kidding. It's nice to keep up with friends/see pictures from family. I moved 600+ miles from my hometown, so I don't get to keep up with people otherwise.
4. June is National Soul Food Month- what’s your soul food? submitted by NH Girl Displaced
PASTA. I like to blame the fact that I'm part Italian (part czechoslovakian) for my love affair with pasta, but really, I'm just a fattie who loves carbs. he he.
5.  If you could live in any other era than the current, which one would it be & why? submitted by Sugar in My Grits 
Ooooooo tough one. Probably the 1800's in the deep south. I love the idea of being a Southern Belle even if I was born a Yankee (but shhhhhhh don't tell! I totally should have been born down here!)

Go HERE to link up :)


2 comments:

  1. Cute pictures! :) I dont tweet either and facebook is good for entertainment haha

    ReplyDelete
  2. Love the volleyball outfits and I totally understand, husband and I as a team for the amazing race would be disastrous lol. Two stubborn people trying to complete a race=bad news bears ;-)

    ReplyDelete