Friday, July 1, 2011

Friday Fill In

1Have you (spouse) ever considered joining the military and what do you think of dual military couples? submitted by Project Army Wife
Dual military-No... joining the military-yes. When I was little, I wanted to be an air force pilot. I have better than perfect vision, and I now have a college degree, so it's totally doable. I come from a family full of tons of different branches of military. However, my parents did pay quite a bit of money for me to become a teacher, so I think I owe it to them to stay at this job for a while... however, it is oh so tempting to go to officer school, and totally pull the I outrank you card on the hubs.
2. What is your idea of a perfect Sunday afternoon? submitted by A Few of My Favorite Things
Sleeping late, reading my book, catching up on blogs, and sitting out side with a glass of wine once it's not 100 degrees
3. What do you usually do for the 4th of July holiday?  submitted by Anchor’s Away
It used to always be going to see fireworks with family and friends. I have a vivid memory of one 4th when we were stuck in terrible traffic trying to leave the fireworks. My dad, who had one too many adult beverages while waiting for the show to begin, gets out of the car and walks down to the road. He stops traffic in both directions and starts waving people out of the parking lot. Once my mom has made it to the main road, he hops back in the car, and away we go. People were pissed, but if it was me, I would have just laughed it off. I mean, my dad is normally HYSTERICAL when he's had a few beers, but this was extra awesome. Since I've been in NC though, I dont think I've seen fireworks more than once? Two years ago the hubs had CQ, so his buddies got together some cash, and paid someone to take it for him. We ended up sitting around the lake, but no fireworks... the year after that he was deployed, and I went to see the concert on Post. This year we will be driving back from Michigan with his grandparents in tow.
4. If they could make an Olympic event JUST for you that you know you’d medal in, what would it be? submitted by Pants are Confusing
Hmmm... I'm GOOD at a lot of things, but I don't know how many things I am GREAT enough to medal in there are... Maybe hoarding school supplies? lol. It's lame, but I seriously hoard school supplies... and anything I THINK I can use at school
5.  What have you been doing to get yourself bathing suit ready for the summer? submitted by Not Just an Army Wife
Not a damn thing. lol. I say all the time that I am going to work out, but I seriously never do... I have cut back on pasta, and I've been using smaller dishes, so that I don't eat as much. Both have helped. 


1 comment:

  1. Hahahaha the I outrank you card is the only reason I even still toy with the whole joining the military idea. My husband says that it would be great though. And that just takes some of the fun out of it doesn't it?

    You have a great blog and I'm following as soon as I finish this comment!

    ReplyDelete