Monday, July 18, 2011

Sowwwwwy :(

Thanks to all of my followers who have stuck around while I've been MIA for the past two weeks. I promise I'll make up for it b/c I have quite a few things to post about :) I'd like to say that I have a really good reason for being missing so long, but alas, all I have to say for myself is that I've been soaking up every possible second with the hubs over the last two weeks. They've been canceling things left and right around his unit, and increasing the number of field activities. He's also heard from a very close friend of his (who happens to be a 1st sgt) that deployment talks are in full force, and that his friend expects orders to Afghanistan very soon... most likely before Christmas. The unit he's currently with has not been stateside for more than 14 months at least 10yrs, and the end of this month marks 12 months since they returned from Iraq.
The past two weeks have been block leave for the hubs, and he forced me into promising no computer, no books, just spending time with him. Meanie! lol. I did manage to sneak two books in over the past two weeks, but shhhh don't tell! ha.
July 2nd block leave started... for us, that meant a 14hr drive to Michigan, where we kidnapped his grandparents, and drove 14hrs again on Sunday back to North Carolina. We spent the week showing them all around and even saw Charlie Daniels, and Little Big Town for free on the 4th of July. We were actually sitting less than 5ft from LBT's tour bus, but didnt even realize it until they got off. The following weekend we made the 14hr trip again TWICE to bring the grandparents back. I am hoping to not have to make that trip again any time soon, but with deployment rumors running ramped, we might have to make another trip before he ships out.
This past week we went fishing, hung out with some friends, and relaxed. It was some much needed time together for us. Lately he's been hating his job so much that all we do is fight. I guess that's what happens when 2 hard headed people get married. He comes home grumpy, takes it out on me, and I in turn act like a total ass back to him, just because he started it. lol. Thankfully, things have been going much better and we even survived all that driving without any real fighting.
Now it's time to do a million and one things that I've been putting off for the past two weeks. Don't worry, I will be around a lot more coming up. Promise :) For now, I will leave you with some pics from our last two weeks. Enjoy.

Grandpa & princess on the ride back from MI

Hubs & his grandma near one of the show planes

He makes them look like midgets. lol


Pilot Mt

At a random rest stop in Va

Mts Mts & more Mts!

Crossing the Ohio river

Welcome to Ohio... land of FLATNESS. lol

Some guy pulling a giant weapon

Sky over Mi

Porch sitting in MI since it's not 100000 degrees like NC is

His grandmother has a million bird feeders

Fishing in MI

The Neil Armstong Museum in Ohio

Hubs checking out the medals



The grandparents at the 4th of July concert

Little Big Town getting off their bus



3 comments:

  1. take all the time you need, we understand! it looks like you had a great holiday ;)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Looks like lots of fun was had, totally worth missing out on blog time!

    ReplyDelete