Tuesday, August 9, 2011

Super Easy Alfredo

Totally unhealthy, but it's easy & delish!

I make mine on a large scale, because I dont make it very often (since its not so good for you. lol) and it's my husbands absolute favorite thing I make

2 boxes of fettucini (I use whole wheat so I feel less guilty)
2-3 large chicken breast
Olive Oil
Garlic Powder
Italian Seasoning
1qt Heavy Cream
2 8oz bags of shredded Parm Cheese
Butter

Boil water/cook pasta per directions on the box


Chicken:
In a frying pan add enough olive oil to make a light coat on the bottom
Dice up chicken & add to oil
Sprinkle with garlic & Italian seasonings
Cook until chicken is completely white


Alfredo Sauce:
Add one qt of Heavy Cream & 1/2 cup of butter (This is the part where it's bad for you, but tastes oh so good)
Cook on LOW until butter melts
Add a package and a half of cheese
Stir like crazy until the cheese melts (dont let it burn on the bottom)
(If you're making a smaller portion, the ratio is 1 cup cream, 1/2 cup cheese, 1/4 cup butter)

Mix pasta, sauce, and chicken, top with a sprinkle of the remaining cheese & enjoy!
I usually add some broccoli as well (again to make myself feel not so bad about all that butter and cream. lol)



4 comments:

  1. I was just complaining to someone how horrible jarred Alfredo sauce is. Perfect blog post timing! lol It looks delicious and I can't wait to try it!

    ReplyDelete
  2. i love homemade pasta dishes! yummy!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Omg that looks absolutely delicious!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Bookmarked! Definitely making this one day soooon! This is my favorite pasta :)

    -kimberly
    http://lushdeez.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete