Wednesday, November 30, 2011

Cheapo breakfast!

I had seen a few people making breakfast sandwiches for super cheap. I made 6 for about the price of 2 egg mcmuffins from McDs.

I used 4 eggs with a little milk to fill up 6 sections on a muffin tray. I saw some people who used scrambled, but this way seemed way less messy, and it was! I also split my cheese slices in half bc I didn't need them super cheesy.

4 eggs-$0.63
6 English muffins-$1.08
6 slices of shaved honey ham-$0.12
3 slices of cheese-$0.34

Total for 6 sandwiches-$2.25
Price per sandwich-$0.38

Sweeeeeeet!
Not something I plan on eating every morning, but the great thing about these is they can be frozen.

At our local grocery store they sell Jimmy Dean breakfast sandwiches for $4-$5 for 4 sandwiches. No thanks!

2 comments:

  1. we makes these with a microwave egg poacher instead of baking the eggs :) super easy for on the go

    ReplyDelete
  2. Oooh...I'm so making these thrifty delicious things!

    ReplyDelete