Tuesday, November 15, 2011

Pregnancy fail


(via google images)

I've seen these images floating around facebook like wildfire (mostly from my non-military affiliated friends) and people think its funny, so they keep sharing it.

It's absolutely HORRIFYING for poor Kendra. The caption on the photos both list that her husband was gone on a 12-month deployment, which is what is getting people all-a-twitter. People with no military affiliation haven't heard of a little thing called R&R... aka mid-tour leave. So they see this poor girl as a whore who is now very pregnant even though her husband has been away. None of these people sharing this photo have taken into consideration that the baby was conceived during the tour, or possibly even by the use of fertility treatments. Get on any military wife forum online and I bet you can find HUNDREDS, possible THOUSANDS of women who have conceived babies on their husband's mid-tour leave.

I came across THIS link in which they spoke with Kendra about how horrible it's been for her. Her husband's homecoming, which is something she should be remembering as one of the happiest days of her lives, has been tainted all because a photographer who saw a cute photo-op happened to catch something that quick-to-judge people had to ruin for her. 

Seriously people?! She has even gone as far as getting a paternity test done to prove to the skeptics that babies are conceived on R&R. That is something she never should have had to put her family through.

(For the record: Although I don't particularly care for her choice of homecoming outfits for myself, I think she looks adorable)



11 comments:

  1. This makes me want to cry. Why are people so ignorant? Ugh. Poor girl.

    ReplyDelete
  2. This is the first time me seeing this.... and my first thought? The baby was conceived on R&R. I never once thought anything ill of her. Then again, I'll a military spouse, so I obviously know what R&R is and how likely it is to conceive a baby during that time.

    ReplyDelete
  3. While I think it's terrible that people jumped to conclusions and put her family through that, I also have to question the logic in choosing to show up to a homecoming ceremony like that. However, I'm sure there are many that have shown up looking much worse and who am I to judge? Poor girl

    ReplyDelete
  4. Despite the weird outfits that I don't particularly care for at the homecoming ceremonies, no one deserves that!

    ReplyDelete
  5. I saw some people sharing this one facebook too and it is awful. Since I'm not a military spouse I didn't think of R&R right away but fertility thoughts came to mind.

    ReplyDelete
  6. i'm a new follower cant wait to read more!! i'm also in north carolina living in hope mills!

    ReplyDelete
  7. This sucks. Poor girl...and of course her husband, to have to go through this so publicly is just wrong. I have to agree that maybe she could have gone with a cutter outfit but being labeled a hussy isn't cool.

    ReplyDelete
  8. Ignorant People!!!! What about Leave!!! poor army wife :(

    ReplyDelete
  9. This comment has been removed by the author.

    ReplyDelete
  10. That poor girl.. I had just seen this image yesterday, and i can only imagine what shes gone thru. Tahnks for clearing this up!

    ReplyDelete