Thursday, November 24, 2011

While I wait for it to be time to put the turkey in...

I got this from Whitney @ Everything Happens for a Reason, who got it from Julie... etc. lol... so if you're a milspouse, feel free to join in the fun, and let me know so I can check out your answers.

1. How did you and your spouse meet? 
At a bar called "The Ugly Stick Saloon" where "the girls dance on the bar"... slightly embarrassing, but hey, it's the truth. lol. I happened to notice he was the only good looking guy that happened to be there that night (might have had something to do with the fact that he was wearing a stetson). That was back in May 2009, and the rest is history.

2. How old were you when you two met? 
I was 23, he was 25
  
3. How long have you been together? 
since May '09

4. Where are you and your spouse originally from? 
He's from MI, and I'm from NY. However, both of us are pure country, and are convinced we were supposed to be born in the South.

5. How did you feel about him joining the military?
He was already in the military 

6. Where did your spouse go to Basic Training? 
Fort Sill

7. Has your spouse ever been deployed?
Once to Korea, and once to Iraq... in the spring its off to the 'Stan. 

8. Ever been to his promotion ceremony? 
 Yep! They actually had to wait on me & another wife. lol. Thankfully 1SGT likes me :)

9. How long have you been a military wife? 
Long enough for my dependent ID to say he's an E-3, and my husbands to say E-5. lol

10. Did you marry him before or after he joined? 
After

11. How did your husband propose? 
He didn't really... I got gypped. lol.
12. Where did you get married? 
 At the court house

13. How old were you two when you got married? 
23? 24? Ha, I never remember how old I am.

14. Did he wear his uniform on his wedding day? 
Nope... jeans, a button up, and that damn stetson ;)

15. Where are you and your spouse currently stationed? 
We're at Bragg

16. Do you live on base? 
Nope. We have pitbulls, so we will never live on post

17. How long were you married when you had to go through your first separation? 
He deployed a few months after we got together

18. What is your favorite base so far? 
We've only been here... but I don't think Bragg is as bad as people make it out to be if you stay in the right areas

19. Do you think your spouse looks good in his uniform? 
Duh! Aside from the fact that he's airborne and has to tuck his pants into his jump boots... Whose idea was that one?!

20. Do you think military life is more advanced than civilian life? 
 More advanced as in... ?

21. Do you like the benefits you receive as a military dependent? 
Sometimes... I rarely use my military ID for anything other than getting on Post, and saving a few bucks at the movies

22. Do you have a lot of military wife friends? 
Yes & no... a lot of them are from work, so they're more teacher friends... I only have one close friend whose strictly a milspouse friend (In real life. lol)
23. What is the hardest part of the military life? 
Never knowing... especially with this upcoming deployment. First he was set to leave in April/May... then Feb... now its summer... but I'm sure it will change 100 more times before he actually leaves

24. Do you own military wife stuff?
Nope

25. Do you support your spouse as a member of the military? 
Yessum!



3 comments:

  1. I just did your fun little survey and linked back to you! I love that you were both northern born but southern bread!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Um.. HI!
    sounds like we have a lot in common!!
    My hubby and I just moved to NC. He is currently stationed at Bragg.
    He is also airborne, just graduated in November from benning...
    And he is deploying fairly soon..

    CRAZY.

    ReplyDelete
  3. oh yeah.. I'm your newest follower! #147 :)

    ReplyDelete