Tuesday, January 24, 2012

Heath Bar Pie

The hubs is obsessed with this pie, and since I was silly enough to take him to the grocery store with me, the ingredients somehow ended up in my cart. Sneaky little devil ;)

I'm not sure where the recipe came from, since it was passed down from my mom to me, but if anyone knows its origins, let me know, and I will gladly give credit where credit is due!



 
Prep time 15 plus refridgerating
 
4oz philadelphia cream cheese softened
1 tbs milk
1 tub cool whip
2 pkg health bars chopped (or snickers)... Walmart sells heath bits to save you from having so smash them :)
1 3/4 cup cold milk (versus warm milk)
2 pkgs chocolate flavor instant pudding
1 chocolate pie crust
 
Mix creamcheese and 1 tbs milk in bowl wire whisk until smooth.  
 
Gently stir in 2 cups whipped cream and chopped candy; set aside.
 
Pour 1 3/4 cups milk into another bowl.  Add pudding mixes .  Beat with wire whisk 1 minute.  
Gently stir in 1/2 cup whipped toping.
 
Spread 1/2 of of the pudding  mixture on bottom of crust.
Spread cream cheese mixture over pudding.  
Top with remaining remaining pudding mixture.
 
Refridgerate 4hours until set.  Garnish with remaining whipped cream.
 
helpful hint soften cream cheese in microwave 15 seconds


It may not look good, but it tastes delish!!


No comments:

Post a Comment