Tuesday, January 24, 2012

it's slowly getting there

Update on Babygirl's room: 

This is the before photo... full of crap the hubs shoved in there, and if you look closely, you can see its torn along the bottom. I got these years ago on super sale at BedBath.

My ghetto version of making a pattern... I am a rebel when it comes to sewing, and just kind of go with it, under the assumption that I can seem-rip anything I royally mess up. lol

The finished product... LOVE IT!! 

I made new curtains too :) Eventually it'll have a cute plaid strip... as soon as I find fabric that somewhat matches the bedding set I have

New bin in its new home (this shelf was black, and the hubs oh so kindly painted it "raspberry" for me) I have another bin for the other side, but I havent covered that one in the cutesy horse fabric yet 

The super gorgeous bedding that I got basically FOR FREE :) Our CCR teacher wanted to sell her crib before her husband came home from deployment since he's been hinting he wants another kiddo. She sold me the crib/dresser/changing table/toddler bed combo AND a pack & play for $120, and she threw in this ($200) bedding for free! I totally felt like I was ripping her off, but thats all she wanted for it. SCORE! The hummingbird doesnt exactly go with my horse theme, but I absolutely love the pink plaid/teal flower combo, and the reverse side of the hummingbird is the pretty pink plaid

Her ittle bittle cowgirl boots :)


7 comments:

  1. Holy cow you got a really really good deal & you're doing a great job with decorating. And, those cowboy boots are absolutely adorable!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Holy cow you got a really really good deal & you're doing a great job with decorating. And, those cowboy boots are absolutely adorable!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Holy cow you got a really really good deal & you're doing a great job with decorating. And, those cowboy boots are absolutely adorable!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Holy cow you got a really really good deal & you're doing a great job with decorating. And, those cowboy boots are absolutely adorable!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Holy cow you got a really really good deal & you're doing a great job with decorating. And, those cowboy boots are absolutely adorable!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Very cute! And awesome deal on the crib and bedding and stuff! I need to come over and see it all - it's just a LONG walk!! jk

    ReplyDelete
  7. So cute, I adore the theme and excellent deal on the crib/bedding. I love a bargain!

    ReplyDelete