Sunday, March 11, 2012

Now this is what I call scary!!

Now that I'm in my 37th week of pregnancy, its becoming all too real that this little girl is coming out SOON... and I'm petrified that she's going to come out like this:

Meet Jayden in is all his 13 pound, 14 oz glory
Full story here

This absolutely precious "little man" belongs to one of my friends. She gave birth at week 38 to this 9lb, 15oz chunker. Adorable, but what a big boy!!

Maybe it's just a boy thing ;) Ha! I can hope, right?!

As of my 35 week appointment, I was measuring in at 34 weeks, so I'm hoping that means our little one will be an average size baby, which according to the article is between 5 lbs, 8 oz and 8 lbs, 13 oz. I weighed in just under 8 lbs, and the hubs keeps trying to convince me he was almost 10 lbs (but secretly I think he's just trying to psych me out... too bad I dont get along with my MIL to find out for sure)

For my mommies, how big were your kiddos? and for everyone else, how big were you?


5 comments:

  1. My husband and I were small 6lbs and something each my little man was 7lbs 9oz. I'm sure you will be fine :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. I was a normal 7lbish. I just met a woman who is about 5'2'' and her husband is 6'6''. She is preggars. She is almost destined to have hulk come out of her!

    ReplyDelete
  3. I was premature so I was 1lb 8oz but my husband who's 6'2 weighed at 10lbs when he was born o.O it freaks me out lol (:

    ReplyDelete
  4. Don't stress girl. Like the article said: "'It wasn't so difficult that it created a problem for anybody,' the doctor said about delivering a very big newborn". My best girl friend had an almost 11lb baby, and she ended up having a c-section, but it was all done safely, no emergency and everything came out great. He's healthy and still a HUGE baby. :)

    ReplyDelete
  5. A 9 lb baby? Wowza. Yeah, I'd be hoping for a slightly smaller baby too. I dont have any kids but I weighed right around 7 lbs.

    ReplyDelete