Monday, June 11, 2012

I love fresh produce!

My farmers market stash:
-4 white peaches
-1/2 dozen ears of corn
-2 green tomatoes (that I can't wait to fry! Yum)
-1/2 bag of green beans
-3 big zucchini
-quart of blueberries

Grand total: $12.95

I love having a huge produce stand less than 5 miles away. I do not have a green thumb, so I'm glad I can get farm fresh veggies for way cheaper than at the super market.

Anyone else cook their corn in the microwave? I learned the trick from my momma. Instead of lugging out a pot & boiling water, you just wrap it in cling wrap, and pop it in the microwave for 8-10 minutes. Soooo much easier... Although I still prefer it cooked on the grill, but it's too wet for that here :/

2 comments:

  1. I am a bit jealous! That would be the cost of probably just the zucchini here :(

    ReplyDelete
  2. You bought all that for only $12?! Geez, I'm really jealous.

    ReplyDelete