Tuesday, June 5, 2012

Someone REALLY should have warned me

Good God is taking care of a baby a lot of work!

No, I haven't fallen off the face of the earth, I've been held hostage by this little demon spawn:


Awe, you think she's cute? Me too! But don't let her fool you, she's a rat fink! 

When I was pregnant, the hubs talked about the baby co-sleeping with us. I gave him a big heck no! For starters, he sleeps like the dead, and has elbow-dropped me to the face multiple times in his sleep. We also have four dogs who sleep in bed with us. Well, along she came, and heaven forbid this child sleep in her bassinet or crib for more than 15 minutes. I finally had to give in to the co-sleeping for fear of my sanity. You never realize how much you miss sleep until you're not getting any! Thankfully, if she sleeps in my arms, we can normally sleep from 22:00-07:00 with a quick feeding around 02:30. I know co-sleeping is not in her best interest, but its the only way she'll stay asleep through the night. I'm seriously hoping she grows out of it, but seeing as I co-slept with my mom until I was a toddler, I have a feeling this is God's revenge on me.

Same goes for taking a nap. Sure, she'll nap... if I'm holding her, but put her down in her swing, and the little eyes pop back open. I've tried letting her scream it out, but she's got lungs of steel, and there is no stopping the tirade, unless she gets picked back up & snuggled. I'm currently typing this with her snuggled up asleep in my lap. My left arm is half numb from her laying on it, but I'm bound and determined to post something today. It's been far too long.

Usually, I can count on one good nap in her swing, where I run around like a mad woman trying to get my house in order. Normally, I can manage to unload/load the dishwasher, run a load in the washing machine, and sweep the floor. I try and prep dinner as well. For a while, the poor hubs was coming home usually around 19:00, after a long day at work, and having to make his own dinner, while I fed the baby. I finally found some crockpot recipes that I could throw together during her nap, and have ready when he came home. I've gotten most of my recipes from THIS website.

Don't get me wrong, I LOVE this little baby. She's absolutely adorable and has such a personality. As much as I can't wait for her to get a little bigger/more independent, I am loving that she wants to be with me 24/7. Thankfully, the regular school year doesn't end until this week, so I still have an entire summer to stay at home and love on her. I lucked out with having her born so close to the end of the school year, but it is going to make going back next year pure torture for me!

I'm going to try and make time for blogging, even if it is just something quick from my phone. Being a stay at home mommy isn't the most exciting adventure, and I'd hate to bore you all to tears with our day to day routine (if there is even anybody who stuck around since I've been MIA for 2 months) but I've tried some yummy recipes and crafts that I need to share when I get some more time.

Until then, I'll leave you with a few of my favorite pictures of the little stinker so far.














10 comments:

  1. She is adorable! I hope for your sake she gets better at napping on her own soon but for now enjoy all the cuddles you can get, I would love my two year old to give me more than the five minutes a day that I get when she stops playing!

    ReplyDelete
  2. She is soo cute!! Glad you get to be home with her for the summer. Good luck with her sleeping routine.

    ReplyDelete
  3. She is too cute! I agree about enjoying the snuggles she will be on the go before you know it but make sure to get your time in too.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Oh my goodness she is so adorable!

    ReplyDelete
  5. She's so cute!!! Where are you in NC? I'm at Bragg now.
    Keep trying she'll get used to it more. Until then enjoy it!! It honestly goes by too fast! I have a walker on my hands now and she's 10 months! It's crazy!!

    ReplyDelete
  6. She is so cute! You're lucky enough to be home with her for the summer, hopefully y'all will be able to get on a better sleeping routine! It's definitely tough. My daughter only wanted to sleep on me for nearly 2 months but now she's 3 months and falls asleep pretty much anywhere. lol. Hang in there! :)

    ReplyDelete
  7. Aw she's absolutely adorable. That last photo is hilarious!

    ReplyDelete
  8. What a beautiful babyy!! And my husband is a wild sleeper too. I am surprised I have not woken up with a bloody nose or black eye yet..

    ReplyDelete
  9. She's beautiful! I love your sense of humor about all of it, too. Keep it up... you'll be needing it.

    ReplyDelete