Sunday, February 3, 2013

Clean or dirty?!

When my husband actually does dishes, he always asks me whether the current dishwasher load is clean or dirty. I normal tell him to look, which resulted in me yelling at him for rewashing dishes bc he was too lazy to check.

His response was: we need a sign to tell me if they're clean or dirty.

I've been needing an excuse to use my silhouette he got me for Christmas, so I did just that!

I printed the images opposite so all I had to do was fold the paper in half. I found it easier to use the negative space rather than glue all those letters down. I have vinyl, but I didn't want to waste it since its more pricey than a sheet of card stock. I used a leftover piece of blue spatula scrap paper for the inside & glued it shut. I had i tried gluing magnets into the center, but I found that my dishwasher isn't too magnetic. Grr! Stuck some contact paper on it (since my lamination pouches are at school) and added ribbon instead.

I also figured out a little trick to save myself from having to buy images! Shhh, don't tell them I told y'all this... On the box it told me that it works with the fonts installed on your computer. Instead of paying $0.99 for the cute little wine glass image, I downloaded a free kitchen "font," and TA DA! Lots of little kitchen images without spending a dime :)



1 comment:

  1. such a cute idea! i love it! and great tip about the free font image ;)

    ReplyDelete