Friday, June 21, 2013

5 on Friday

Since I'm attempting to make my blogging comeback, I figured I'd join this linkup today. I noticed it on two different blogs (out of the six I've read so far today) so on the bandwagon I will jump! You can ling up HERE on Natasha's blog.

If you follow me over from the linky, let me know so I can follow you back :)

ONE
I am dying to go to the summer solstice festival in Downtown Anchorage this weekend. We get 22 hours of daylight on the summer solstice, so it's a big to-do up here. Its on my Alaska Bucketlist (which is like a million miles long). So far I've only checked 2 things off my list. Boo.

TWO
I'm having a slight meltdown today because I discovered a pimple on my cheek. Seriously?! I'm 27 years old. I couldn't even tell you the last time I had a pimple. Where the heck did this little bugger come from?!

THREE
We've been here since the 25th of April, and we've still got moving boxes in our garage... and not just a few. I hate unpacking. At first I was excited to decorate our new house. We came from a 3 bedroom/2 bath, to a 5 bedroom/3.5 bath, which has slightly overwhelmed me. My husband insisted we get a larger house because he thinks I'm a hoarder. Considering we found a whole box of empty boxes while we were unpacking, I might admit to a small problem. I'm almost done with critterbug's cowgirl themed room, so I'll hopefully be able to post pics soon. I've still got her bookshelf to repaint.

FOUR
I've made it a whole week without eating commercially harvested meats and poultry, and I'm feeling pretty awesome about it. I still cook meat for my husband, who has next to no compassion, so I've been tempted a few times to chow down on a yummy steak, but then I remember all the horribly inhumane things I've read about slaughterhouses, and I don't have any problems saying no. There is a farmers market in Anchorage that I'm hoping to check out soon that has organic meats and poultry, which are locally butchered. We're also looking into getting chickens since our landlord left a chicken coop in our backyard.

FIVE
Critterbug learned how to go down a slide all by herself, and I couldnt be more proud :)
How stinking cute is she?!



No comments:

Post a Comment