Friday, July 12, 2013

5 on Friday


ONE: Last time I had a free Friday to post, I was wanting to go to the Summer Solstice Festival, which we did get to make it to, sans husband. This Friday I'm itching to go to the Bear Way Festival. The hubs doesnt have to work, so we're going to check it out tomorrow. I want to see the Slippery Salmon Olympics, and maybe convince the hubs to go back on Sunday for the Rubber Duck Race. Do you remember the story about the 29,000 rubber duckies that got lost at sea in the '90s? You can read about it HERE on the oh so informative wikipedia. The ducks were lost near Washington, but a lot of the ducks washed up in Alaska, so they celebrate it here with the duck races. Critterbug has a book about it by Eric Carle called 10 Rubber Ducks which she loves, so I think she'll enjoy it.

Critterbug reading her ducky book... not sure what's going on with that face. Ha!


TWO: Critterbug had her 15 month well check today. Poor thing's got her daddy's head. She's in the 6th percentile for weight, 50th for height, and 90th for her head. I sure hope she evens out. lol.

THREE: We stopped by the playground and I couldn't get the Critter off the slide. She loves it. She learned how to slide the last time I took her to the park and now she thinks she's a pro at going down the slide all by herself. She never ceases to amaze me with how quickly she is learning.

FOUR: I'm making seafood pot pie for dinner tonight. The hubs has been asking about it all week. I got the recipe from my mom, and if it turns out yummy, I'll post pictures and share the recipe with y'all. I'm sure hoping it comes out as good as hers. I like to think of myself as a good cook, but I'm not a baker. The crust makes me a little nervous! I may or may not have mixed up 1/4 tsp and 1/4 c of salt while baking once before. Eek.

FIVE: I got a pretty little desk off of a facebook for sale page, so look out for before and after pictures coming soon. There are so many forsale pages here its ridiculous, and they all post some really great things. My favorite so far though is called "ISO: In Seach Of."No need to stalk the other sales pages. Just post what you're looking for, and people message you if they have it!

I also bought two gorgeous little night stands. I haven't decided if I want to paint them or not. They're real wood, and in pretty great shape for being from the 60's, but they don't match our bedroom furniture... I'll probably just end up staining them a little darker to match, and maybe painting the hardware.


Link up below if you'd like to participate too :)





No comments:

Post a Comment