Monday, July 29, 2013

Having no job/extra money stinks!

This house is completely different than our house in NC, and with that, I needed to completely revamp the house I'd spent 3 years crafting to my liking. We went from 2 incomes to 1, so I couldn't just go out and buy all new things without going into some serious debt. I'm having to revamp what we already had, and pull together some cheap craftiness to fill up this larger house.

I get a lot of our decor pieces from Hobby Lobby and TJ Maxx.

So far I've only been able to finish decorating the Kitchen/Dining room:


Love all these cabinets! We had way less cabinet space in the last house, so this is amazing. Most of the decorations on top of the cabinets came off our mantle, but sadly, no fireplace here, so I it was easy for me to repurpose them.

I got that super cute green horse-cart ride sign at TJ Maxx for $5 and the horse shoes while they were half off at Hobby Lobby

I picked up the cute little baskets in the dollar section of Target for $3 each, and I made the $5 TJ Maxx frame into a cute little menu board using my silhouette


I found this little country sign at the Dollar Store back in NC. The movers broke the "c" off, so I glued on this rusty old horseshoe I found in the pasture we rented in NC

I found old window frames for $5 on craigslist by posting in the ISO section. I let the hubs use the glass for target practice. Then I sanded them down, sprayed them down with a cheap white paint to clean them up since they'd been sitting outside, and "aged" them with a valspar antiquing glaze I picked up at Lowes a while back to do THIS dresser and THIS nightstand. Then I stapled some chicken wire to the back, and voila, picture frame!


I haven't finished the other "shelf" so just pretend its there ;)

I also found this little gem in the $1 section of Target (also for $3) and didn't really have a purpose for it (I'm the worst impulse buyer when it comes to crafty things O.o) until I decided to make it into a "floating shelf"

I painted it white & spiced apple (to match the kitchen walls) and mounted these little picture hanging do-dads to the back. I still have one more to finish for the other side, and I need to hit up the thrift stores for some little knick-knacks to put up there, but other than that. The kitchen is done :)





No comments:

Post a Comment