Tuesday, July 30, 2013

New blog design

I've had the same design almost since I started blogging on my husbands deployment many moons ago. I happened to catch Bri (who runs Utterly Chaotic) when she was just starting up, and now she's turned into a huge success. Sadly, I can't afford to shell out a few hundred dollars for her to revamp my blog.

A few fellow bloggers have mentioned few other great designers who range from $70-$100, but with me not working right now, I don't know if I could justify that purchase to my husband. Boo!

My blog stalking the past few weeks now has helped me narrow down what I'm looking for. What I learned is that I really like how everyone has gone from the 3 column blogs that were popular when I got my last design done, to the large main column, and a skinny right column with a bio and what not. I also really like the clean, white blogs I've been finding.

I've been googling and spending my spare minutes while the kiddo is otherwise occupied by trying to get together a presentable blog. I'm hoping within the next few weeks that I'll be able to install all the elements. I've been testing them on a dummy blog that I added, and so far I'm really happy with it.

I'll leave you with my inspiration for my new design:



2 comments:

  1. Looking forward to seeing what you have done :) I need to revamp mine but with so much other stuff going on I guess it can wait a little longer haha.

    ReplyDelete