Tuesday, August 13, 2013

Homemade baby wipes



We JUST finished up the last of the baby wipes we were given at the critters baby shower (we got like 3 cases of them!! So blessed), so I decided to give making my own a go. I initially repinned THIS recipe, but ended up checking around a few more, and winging it.




I used:
1 1/2 cups of warm water
1 tsp of baby wash
1 tsp of baby oil
1/2 roll of paper towels
Airtight container

I put it all together in my container, gave it a little shake, then shoved in my paper towels, and shook it again.

I got this container for $2.21 at Walmart and it fit the paper towels pretty well. I had to squish them in the top, but once they're in, they fit perfectly... then you just pull out the cardboard roll, and they come out easily.

When I looked at a few more, some people said that baby oil isnt the greatest for kiddos (this is the first time I've ever used it... thankfully I only bought a tiny travel size instead of a big one!), so I think next time I'm going to use coconut oil, like a few suggested, and I'd only use 1 cup of water, because mine are super wet. Not sure if it was because I bought a cheapo roll to try these out with, or they just dont need that much... but I'd rather add more water if I need to, then have sopping wet wipes.

These were super easy & cheap, so I'll def be making them again when I run out. I'm loving that I have time to make homemade things now that I'm staying at home. I really want to try making my own laundry detergent next, but I still have a jug and a half to use up first. I popped into our local grocery store one day for one thing (I think it was eggs) and ended up finding 100 load armend hammer detergent, normally $14.99 for $5 with your rewards card. It was such a good deal that I bought 4 of them! ha!


 photo Signature2_zps9a1e9a3d.jpg

No comments:

Post a Comment