Thursday, August 1, 2013

Murphy's Law

Have you heard of Murphy's Law? If not, it usually goes something like this: Anything that can go wrong, will go wrong

If you're an Army wife, it basically means that everything in your house will wait until your husband goes away to break. Seriously, nothing EVER breaks when he's home. Darn Murphy!

Tuesday, the hubs left on a 2 week training (If you're planning on stopping by because he's gone and robbing me, we've got 4 dogs, a security system, and his loaded pistol is by my bed. I dare you to come in) and of course, Tuesday night, I go to switch laundry from the washer to the dryer, and I notice that the top is dry, but the bottom is soaked. The stupid washer wont spin.

It was 2am, I had just gotten the baby down, I was exhausted. I was trying to wash all the brand new cloth diapers I had just gotten (I'm going to do a post on this soon) and here it was, the middle of the night, and I was scrubbing diapers in my bathtub so they didnt get musty smelling. Cue uncontrollable water works... I sent my husband a woe-is-me text, and thew myself a pity party. At this point it was 6am my parents time, so I called my mom & dad, and calmed myself down enough to realize I could call someone to come fix it.

Of course it couldnt be that easy. I paid $60 for the guy to come check it out, only to be told that it wasnt worth fixing (we're talking a $400 part plus labor) but he would, if I wanted him to. Once he left, it hit me that I would either have to go to the laundry mat for the next two weeks, or I'd have to figure out how to get a new washing machine.

The idea of spending hours in the laundry mat with a 16 month old doesn't sound like something I would ever want to subject myself to, so I set out in search of a new washer. Thankfully, living near a military base, people are always moving and selling their things for dirt cheap. I found a washer for $100! Sweet!

Then Murphy reared his ugly little head again. I can't find the keys to my husbands truck ANYWHERE. They're probably right underneath my nose, but I can't find them. I did some measuring, and I THINK I can fit it into the back of my SUV if I lay it down... but even if I can get it into my car, I'm not really sure how I'll get it out by myself... and our W/D hookup is upstairs, so I'd have to figure out how to get it upstairs.

Ugh...



No comments:

Post a Comment