Saturday, August 17, 2013

Peanut Butter Chocolate Chip Cookies



No flour! No eggs! No white sugar! No oil/butter!

PEANUT BUTTER CHOCOLATE CHIP COOKIE DOUGH BITES
Ingredients:
1 1/4 cups canned chickpeas, well-rinsed and patted dry with a paper towel
2 teaspoons vanilla extract
1/2 cup natural peanut butter (recipe says dont use regular or they will be too oily)
1/4 cup honey (I used agave nectar)
1 teaspoon baking powder
1/2 cup chocolate chips

Directions:
Preheat your oven to 350°F / 175°C.

Combine all the ingredients, except for the chocolate chips, in a food processor and process until very smooth. Make sure to scrape the sides and the top to get the little chunks of chickpeas and process again until they’re combined.



Put in the chocolate chips and stir it. The mixture will be very thick and sticky.



With wet hands, form into 1 1/2″ balls. Place onto a piece of parchment paper. If you want them to look more like normal cookies, press down slightly on the balls. They don’t do much rising. Bake for about 10 minutes.



Enjoy :)



Not my recipe. Recipe was shared on facebook VIA If this is your recipe, please let me know and I will credit it back to you.






 photo Signature2_zps9a1e9a3d.jpg

1 comment:

  1. So are they actually good? I've seen this recipe, but I've been super skeptical. I do a lot of healthy substitutions with bread, but I'm not sure if I am ready to do the same with cookies.

    ReplyDelete