Sunday, August 18, 2013

Sunday Social




1. What is something you've always wanted to do but are afraid of?
Hmmm... I'm not sure. I've always been pretty good about just doing whatever I want. I don't think I've really wanted to do anything crazy like skydive. Maybe jump off cliff into a waterfall... I'd love to do that, but I've never been somewhere that I could... so it's not that I'm afraid to do it... I guess something I've wanted to do since we've been here in Alaska is to go hiking, but I dont want to do it alone because there have been 3 or 4 bear attacks this year. Being eaten by a bear is something I'm definitely afraid of!


2. Where do you see yourself in five years?
The plan is that my husband would like to get out of the Army, and work in the oil fields... so I will go from "Army Wife" to "Slope Wife"... I'll end up seeing my husband about as much as I do with him being in the Army (slopes are 2 weeks on/2 weeks off) but he'll be making twice as much money as he does now... I'm planning on taking his GI Bill soon, so I'll hopefully be going back to school for either a masters in Art, so I can be an Art teacher, or something in the medical field.


3. What are you looking forward to before the end of 2013?

Actually getting to experience seasonal changes... in NC it goes from summer to fall, and then to spring... the winter has been so mild the past few years there. Its already feeling like fall here with the crisp air, and cooler weather. I'm excited to see how the critter likes actually getting to play outside in the snow this year. My sister got her the cutest pair of pink carhart overalls for the winter.


4. What are your hopes for your blog?

I'm not trying to get a million followers, or make a million dollars. I'd love to get paid to spend all day doing crafts like Tatertots and Jello, but I dont have that kind of dedication to blogging & I'm horrible at remembering to take step-by-step pictures of projects I do... I would like to actually stick to blogging this time around, not disappear for months, and to hopefully build up some bloggy friendships again. I'd also love to find some other Alaska bloggers, so if anyone knows of a great blogger from Alaska, send me the link!


5. Do you always see yourself living in your current town/city?

I'm not sure. Right now, we'd like to stay in Alaska indefinitely, but I can't say what will happen. It's all going to depend on how the hubs likes working on the slopes when he gets out of the Army in 4 years.


6. What is your morning routine?


Change baby
Let the dogs out
Feed baby
Let the dogs in
Relax on the couch & watch Sesame Street with the baby
Get up and run errands or spend my day cleaning up after the 16m old tornado


To join, link up with Ashley HERE





 photo Signature2_zps9a1e9a3d.jpg

1 comment: