Friday, September 20, 2013

Five on Friday-Adventures with the parents addition






We checked out Denali and the North Pole recently. If you follow me on Instagram, you've seen that Denali got their first snow as we were coming through.

It was absolutely beautiful seeing the mountains covered in fall leaves. Although the mountains are a million times more beautiful, the leaves on the trees aren't as pretty as the ones I remember from growing up in Upstate, New York in the fall. Here the trees are predominantly birch, so they stick to yellows and light orange. Back home, there are gorgeous red maple leaves everywhere that add to the beauty of fall. Either way, I thought I'd share some of our adventures so far with you :)

1. Denali State Park:





They got their first snow on Wednesday! Eeek! Bye bye "fall"




2. Mt McKinley-Highest peak in North America



Mt McKinley-You can see the snow covered peak ABOVE the clouds. Its so cool to see the mountains higher than the clouds here in Alaska!



3. Chasing moose down in our front yard. Ha!

My dad spotted a family of moose on our road. It was fairly dark, so I couldnt get a good picture, just the reflection of the eyes. They had a baby with them, so you don't want to get too close. Otherwise  the moose here are so used to people you can sometimes pet/feed them.

I tried shooting wide open to let as much light in as I could, but without a tripod, this is what I ended up with. Ha! The full moon almost makes this look like I shot it in the daytime.

4. Santa's House-The North Pole







5. Reindeer Farm-Palmer, AK






 photo Signature2_zps9a1e9a3d.jpg

4 comments:

  1. Wow! I can't believe it's already snowing up there!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Wow snow already... can't imagine! Oh and I love the shot that's wide open weird I know but it is so neat that it is at night and it looks almost day time.

    ReplyDelete
  3. That jacket is BEYOND adorable.

    ReplyDelete