Monday, October 21, 2013

Excuses, Excuses!




It seems like everyone always has a list of excuses when they disappear from blogger for a while. I'm no exception. I've been a horrible blogger lately. I was doing really well for a while, participating in link parties and a fall swap. I was starting to get more followers since only two amazingly awesome women stuck around from my first round of blogging before the little bit (Go follow THIS crocheting mama and the awesome JMO. Not only are they awesome ladies, they're super loyal followers) I stalk these two ladies on Instagram so that I can keep up with them when I turn into a bad blogger.

Anywho, back to being a slacker... I just started to get consistent comments from a few more lovely bloggers, and then I go and disappear off the grid for a while with only a few link-ups where I didnt even have to think to write them, because the awesome Allie gave me the topic. I havent even participated in 5 on Friday in like 3 weeks. Super lame-o right here.

I've got a laundry list of excuses as to why I haven't been on. The same lame excuses you've all heard when other people disappear. Spending time with the family, just got super busy, etc. etc. Sometimes it is hard to find time to blog without feeling like a bad wife/mom for neglecting other things, but in all honesty, there are 24 hours in the day, I can stop for 10 minutes and write a post. I've just been lazy. My little one stuck my Macbook charger in her mouth, then plugged it back in, so it wont charge. Until I get the chance to get it brought in, its pretty much toast. We have an iMac upstairs in our office that's pretty much untouched because its upstairs in our room. Today I dragged my sewing machine, all my fabric, and my Silhouette cutting machine upstairs and turned our office into a crafting paradise. My little one is watching Dora and playing happily with some toys while I'm working away.

I'm actually loving working up here. We normally spend most of the day downstairs, so the new scenery has given the little one a whole new world of things to get into. While my upstairs is now a train-wreck, its giving me a little bit of time to get things accomplished.

I signed up to do a craft fair on Dec 7th, so I've been stalking pinterest for inspiration, and working on getting an inventory together. I told myself I could spend $100 on supplies (not to include the $25 for the table) and see how it went, if it goes well, I'll try out some other craft fairs, and if not, then I wont have lost too much, and chalk it up to a lesson learned. I've been making applique shirts like crazy lately. I made a facebook page for my creations incase I dont sell anything at the craft fair. I will post the link on the local for-sale page, and try to make back some of the money I put into it on there (You can find it here) If you "like" it, bare with me because I'm just getting things posted.

The whole point of this post is to hold myself accountable with not disappearing again. I've got a post waiting to go live as soon as my super cute fall swap partner Kaylin gets her care package. And I plan on sharing what I'm making for the craft fair with y'all. I don't want to lose the few followers that I have, so no more suck-fest starting NOW!

Here is a sneak peak at what I'm working on today, I'll be back tomorrow to show you the finished project :)



 photo Signature2_zps9a1e9a3d.jpg

3 comments:

  1. I'm really bad at dropping off the face of the earth. Sometimes I am super interested in blogging and other times it just seems like a chore. I like the Tennessee shirt on your page too :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. First thank you for sticking with me too and your words are too sweet. Second I'm an awful blogger myself especially lately for the exact same reasons you named except the charger part but that could easily be me on any given day at this house haha. I'm loving all of your stuff you have listed on the facebook page so far! Especially the pink & brown horse :) Will you be selling to ship things too are just craft fairs?

    ReplyDelete
  3. Aw, I stuck around because you're an awesome person! Thank you so much for always reading and being on instagram. Your sweet comments always make me smile!

    ReplyDelete